60. Deal's Off

_______________

Bailey's POV:

I grew the courage to move a couple of steps, closer and closer. "Skylar, what have you done?" I stood a few feet away from her seeing dark droplets drip from her knuckles. I really don't know what to do, this wasn't supposed to happen, was it. I wrapped my hands around my bumpy arms and I stepped closer again.

"I told you to stay in the car, get fucking back in the car Bailey!" She didn't hesitate to turn around and not answer my question. I held in my gasp from hearing my name, it stung hearing it. Why didn't it feel right? It didn't sound right.

She was soaked in water her jacket and pants dripping with no end. For the first time, I wish it wasn't raining. I really wish it wasn't raining, it'd be easier to see, to think, to listen, and find out why there's a man bloody on the ground. Completely bloody I don't even know if he's still alive.

"Who's on the ground?" I asked again my hand shaking trying to point at the limp body on the damp concrete. He's not moving, shouldn't he be moving. Did she kill him? The thought hurt to continue thinking about, I can't decide if I want to run or stay, ask again, or leave it alone.

"It doesn't FUCKING MATTER now Bailey, I told you one thing and that was to stay in the damn fucking car. I. HAD. IT. I had him then you just had come into his fucking view!" Her voice echoed in the alley and I stepped away. I've never heard her yell, raise her voice or even grow this angry and it's towards me.

She's angry at me.

Her anger, her disappointment is all aimed at me. Just like my parents, their anger and their disappointment all aimed at me. It's no different. I sniffled holding myself tighter like I'm going to fall, I got in trouble again but this time it hurt more.

"Just. Get back in the car. I can't think right now." She tells me but I stand still watching her pull the body closer to the wall of one of the buildings.

I continue to sniffle realizing that the rain stopped and it was tears running down my face. I'm crying. "I'm sorry." I choke out, she said I didn't need to be sorry, that I shouldn't say it around her anymore because nothing was my fault but I can only feel guilt. It swallowed me whole as I see her try to fix what's happened because I left the car.

She turned around and I saw that she was hurt because of me. I didn't listen. I didn't listen to her. I don't know what to do. She didn't say anything but look at me. I feel so stupid. I wiped my face pulling myself out of the stuck position and I began slowly and quietly walking back to the car, I didn't want to make any noise even if she was watching me.

"No Bailey, wait please." She called after me but I didn't stop, I sat uncomfortably in the seat, cold, not shivering but cold. She followed getting into the drivers side. "Please, take me home." I tell her filling the silence with my breathing.

"Okay." She whispered and the car softly roared to life. I can't focus on what happened when she's right next to me probably knowing what I'm thinking about. "Are you okay?" I ask trying to better this situation maybe I can just ignore it and pretend it never happened but I couldn't forget about it.

Her punches hitting his face and never missing, her tackling and pulling him towards the ground with no mercy, the way her face grew with anger after he said that I was a 'pretty little thing' too much happened that I forgot that it was prom night. I couldn't move to pick up my phone or just to move in general. She was watching me, glancing so often and this time I didn't like it.

"I'm fine." She mumbled. Fine? How could she be just fine after what happened, I don't understand. Is this what really happens on her trades, I can't think of any profession that requires this type of trading where things break into a fight. Did anyone see us? Did that man know that Skylar was there? How does he know her? Or me?