77. A Break

A/N: long chapter ahead.
_________________

Bailey's POV:

I grabbed my things and Marco waited for me before he locked the car, "Are you staying too?" I ask him as we walk to the front door. "No, I just need to grab my things from upstairs then I'll be leaving, actually leaving this tome." He opens the door and we both walk inside.

"You're here." I turn the corner and Skylar stands up from the couch and Dean turns around. "What happened?" I ask putting my stuff down then Skylar comes running to me and tackles me but I gain my balance hugging her back. "Please don't randomly leave again." She mumbles into my shirt and I look at Dean.

"Go back to bed, I'll be there in a few minutes," I tell her and she lets go of me waddling back to her room. "I got my stuff, I'll be in contact soon. Goodnight." Marco waves at us, "I'll see you." "Goodnight Marco, say hi to June for me." I wave at him and he smiles before leaving.

"Is Skylar okay?" I ask knowing that she isn't. "This whole thing is taking a toll on us and it's even worse for Skylar, she's starting to think it's her fault but I don't know what exactly happened, it all happened fast." He tries to fight his yawn but it wins, "I just know she needs you right now, you'll make her feel better." He stands with a little wobble and I reach out for a hug.

"We'll find Sage." I tell him and he nods on my shoulder. "I know but right now I think we both need a break for now. I'm going to bed, you should too." We both let go and I wait for him to walk up the stairs then I enter Skylar's room. I watch her chest rise and fall, her deep breathing fills the room and I quickly change before getting under the blanket laying on my side to see her.

"I'm here now." I whisper moving a strand of her out of her face, "Thank fuck." She mumbles turning on her side then I feel her arm wrap around my waist and she pulls me closer to her, leaving an inch of space between us. "Are you okay?" I ask stroking her cheek with my thumb. "I don't know, I'm worried about Sage but I'm glad you're okay I really am." She touches her forehead against mine and I give her a kiss.

"Please tell me you're okay and that you're staying." She completely engulfs me in her arms and the blanket and it becomes exceedingly warm very quickly. "I'm fine trust me I am and about me staying," I say trying to breathe the I feel the bed jump and she shoots up getting onto her knees and staring at me.

"You're not leaving again are you? You can't go not after what happened to Sage. If you're going somewhere I'm going too, they can't take you away from me Bailey." She panics her eyes bouncing between mine and they start to tear up while her hands grip the hem of my shirt. My heart begins to ache.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm not going anywhere." I cup her face gently and her rapid breathing slows. "I'm sorry, I just-" She drops her head on my shoulder and I slowly pull us both back down onto the bed. "I just can't have what happened to Sage happen to you, I can't." She mumbles and I just hold her, Dean said she thinks this is her fault.

"I'm staying okay, I'll tell you about that later but I need you to know that this isn't your fault," I say feeling her weight shift onto my body. "You protected him and he protected you. You were only doing what was best and so was he, there's no one to blame here besides the people you were fighting." I tell her and she lifts her head to look at me, her hair long and frizzy curtains over her face.

"I don't know." She says, "What do you mean you don't know?" I move her hair away from her face. "I don't know what to think it feels like my head is going to fucking explode and that my eyeballs will pop out of their damn sockets." She squints her eyes with a laugh making me smile. "That probably feels right after what you went through, we'll talk about the rest of this in the morning okay." I give her another kiss and she lays her head back on my chest.