59. Bloody Knuckles

______________

Bailey's POV:

The drive was pretty silent the further we got from the venue and anywhere wasn't recognizable yet she didn't seem confused about our surroundings, she's probably been here before. I noticed little drops of water on the windshield and I smile seeing the light from the lamposts reflect on the raindrops.

I turn towards her seeing think, it's easy to tell if she's thinking hard or not and she's thinking like there's no tomorrow. "Are we almost there?" I ask she nods, "Mhm just a couple more streets." She says making a right turn into an unfamiliar town. It's too dark to see what's beyond these buildings and alleys, but they're kind of scary.

She parks on the side of the curb and I see a man walk into an alley making brief eye contact with the car, is he the client? "Um actually can you stay here in the car?" She asks turning the car off and I nod slowly, "Yeah that's fine it's raining anyway." I make an excuse trying not to show my want of going with her.

"Stay here don't leave. Okay just stay here in the car and don't step a foot out. Don't open door to anyone and don't crack your window open. I shouldn't be long." She says seriously and I don't think I've seen her this serious before. She closes the door and I watch her walk in the rain and disappear behind the corner of the alley.

The silence in the car dawns on me and I lower myself in the leather seat. I should text Carmen.

Skylar's POV:

"Malcolm, I got your shit." I look for the client in the rain, "You're not Sage." He points out, yes the fucking obvious. "No shit, do I look like a guy, payment?" I toss the hooded man the box and he looks at it for a few seconds then throws it back to me.

"What the hell man?" I step closer, I wipe my face down from the water hoping that whatever happens gets done and over with because I have something to do that's better than this shit. "Where's Sage?" He asks and I look around confused.

"Obviously not here, what's the matter with him not being here? I have what you need and if you can just pay me then we can move on with our lives." I try to push him to end this trade but he puts his hands in his hoodie pockets letting me know that he won't take the package.

"You look over dressed for a trade." He comments on my now damp suit that's starting to get uncomfortable. "Yeah I was just at prom so." I shrug and I hear him gasp, "You're only in high school?" His head tilts and I nod, "Yeah but I'm graduating soon, are you going to get this or not because I have to go." I shake the package and he steps closer to me.

"Why would Sage send you when he knows what I have?" He keeps saying Sage as if he knows him, "Look I don't know, I just want to get paid but it's clear that you're not willing to do that so goodnight." I spin on my heel but then he clears his throat.

"I don't think you want to leave just yet because if you know Sage then you know someone else." I hear him step closer to me and I turn around slowly. "I know a lot of people." I mention and I see his smirk from the shadow of his hood. "Right you see. I have information about someone that's important to Sage and probably you, the deal was he meets me and give me what I need in exchange for this lead." He pulls out his hand with a small folded piece of paper.

"Okay how about this? Let's reschedule this for another day." I tell him but he shakes his head. "That won't work it's either you get what you've been needing or you don't and struggle even more." He wagers. Why is he dragging this on?