70. More Cookies

_______________

Bailey's POV:

"I don't know what to tell you, this is their personal business and so they do get to say if you're going or not." I lean against the open hood of Aunt Jacky's wrangler messing with a wrench. I don't think Skylar has adjusted to Sage being gone and it's been a couple of days now. Even Dean has been on edge as if they know something is wrong.

Just yesterday I heard them talk about a plan of going after him but I wasn't in it, not that I'm offended by it but I want to be there with Skylar and we said no more secrets. "You know their line of work is dangerous." She mentions and I stand straight looking at her confused as she wipes her greasy hands on her white shirt.

"What?" She looks at me and I raise an eyebrow, "I don't remember telling you that." I say putting her toolbox down and she looks around, "I know what group they belong to, I do. Even though knowing can get me fired just saying but they're not a threat. Not yet, anyway." She says casually getting back to work on her jeep.

How does she know? I didn't say anything about them being in the mafia, "If you're wondering how I know, I spoke to Sage about it when you and Skylar went off at the end of graduation. We made a deal, they give me information and I won't say anything." She says handing the wrench back.

"You made a deal? With them?" I question a little confused, "Mhm, it's nothing big but even the military is after the mafia sometimes especially when scary stuff is happening within government lines. It'll be okay." She says and I step back before she closes the hood.

"Yeah, I know." I swing the toolbox back and forth waiting for her to finish. "And with the whole situation with Sage looking for whoever you said, just leave it to them." She dusts her hands off and swings her arm behind my neck pulling me close as walk back into the garage.

I should probably leave it alone, not them, well I don't know. They're both on edge and I don't want to make it worse, I don't think I've seen Dean pace around ever. "I'm gonna go over to her house and keep them both company." I turn to my aunt and she gives me a thumbs up, "That's a great idea, and while you do that I'm going to take a nap." She fake yawns leaving my side and walking towards the guest bedroom.

I move into the kitchen and I see my mom reading something on her phone, "Hi mom." I say passing her into the pantry, "Hi, what are you doing?" She asks as I rummage through my baking shelf, "I'm trying to find semi-sweet chocolate chips." I say, might as well go see Skylar and Dean with something to eat, so cookies.

"I see, it's on the left side behind the flour." She tells me and I listen finding them where she said, "Thank you." I say walking out of the pantry with the rest of my things, "You're welcome also can you tell your girlfriend that we have a front door because one day I'm going to permanently lock your window." She makes direct eye contact with me and I freeze, "Is she here?" I ask quietly and her eyes widen as if my question has an obvious answer.

"I'll be back." I toss the ingredients onto the counter and I rush upstairs to my room, I see Skylar outside of my window lightly banging her head against the glass. I guess my mom already locked my window beforehand. I walked further into my room and her face lit up when she looks at me. "Hi, Beans!" She yells waving at me.

I sigh a little before opening the window then she tries to step in but I place my hand on her chest stopping her from entering and her face drops. "Hey, why can't I come in? Am I in trouble with you, did I say something wrong?" She asks staying outside on the roof, her sad face almost makes me feel bad. Just a little.

"No you're not in trouble I promise." I lean my hips on the windowsill and I reach out cupping her face then giving her a light kiss on her lips, "But my mom wants you to start using the front door from now on." I tell her giving her another kiss and she looks around.

"She knows about me doing this?" She asks and I nod with a smile, "Yeah but there's no need for sneaking around now, it makes us look like we're hiding something more, and plus she's okay with us, with me so can we listen to her so us can still be us." I begin to fiddle with my fingers.

I don't know if I'm asking too much like I understand that we really shouldn't be hiding anymore and that me being me isn't bothering my parents as much anymore but I don't want to do anything can possibly make all of this all go away.

"I get it, I'll use the front door from now on but want to come with me?" She agrees with a sigh but springs back to life with her question, "Where? And don't say it's a surprise." I point my finger at her then she nods, "Dean and I are going to train at our place." She says and I move her hands so I sit on the sill. "Train for what, do you guys plan on fighting someone?" I ask being curious.

"No, well yeah, uh- I actually don't know but it's gonna be fine so come with me." She holds up her hand and I look behind me to see if anyone was behind me but then I remember about my ingredients downstairs, "Okay I'll go but first I need to do something." I tell her and she nods, "Okay I'll wait for you, not here, I'll be at the front door." She pops her head inside and kisses my check before sliding off the roof.

__________

"Come on Skylar, what do you do next?" I watch as Skylar is put in a awkward position her face against their carpet and Dean trying to make this a teaching moment as he twists her around like a pretzel, it's like wrestling I think. I've learned a few things about self defense from my aunt but I've never been in a fight.

"This." She grunts managing to get out of the hold and does what Dean did to her, that was pretty impressive, "Nice job." He strains and Skylar lets go of him but they instantly get ready for another fighting match, punches and blows thrown at each other, they're actually trying to hurt each other which is weird to see but I'm not complaining.

Mainly because seeing a sweaty Skylar is attractive, in the grey muscle shirt I see her toned arms flex with a shimmer and her baby hairs stick to her forehead. It's something straight of a movie, one of those slow motion scenes, a close up of the face, a drop of sweat dropping from the tip of their nose. It's insanely hot. The best thing is that I get to see her butt. Good thing she's wearing running shorts because I get a view.

"HA!" Skylar's voice shakes my thoughts and I see her point at Dean who is now on the ground with a pained face and his hands cupped between his legs. "Always protect your dick or you can consider yourself dead." She slides a finger across her neck and I watch Dean slowly get up. "I'm going to puch your boobs." He winces making Skylar laugh. "Try me jackass." She changes her stance and they immediately get at it again.

I should go for a run soon, I did this morning but watching them fight makes me feel like I need to get up and be active and having this plate of cookies in front of me isn't helping, I pick up another and loud crunch emits from my mouth. Both Dean and Skylar stop mid fight shooting their eyes at me.

Both of them heaving for air, sweaty and tired. "I want some." They say at the same time and I glance down only seeing a couple more left. "I don't think there's enough." I mumble trying not to spit crumbs everywhere. Their faces drop then they fall to the ground, "This is how we're going to die." Skylar coughs, "Cookie-less." Dean finishes with another cough, they're so dramatic, for no reason.

I roll my eyes getting up from their couch with the plate in my hand, "You two are the reason why I'm always in the kitchen even before I met you I was never in my kitchen this much." I look at Skylar, leaning over her body as she gives me a cheeky smile. "My bad." She chuckles and I roll my eyes again.

"I love you." She says sitting up and giving me a kiss, I hold her chin keeping our lips together longer, "I love you too." I say between the kiss, "I love both of you too but this is hurting my single heart." Dean interrupts us and we look at him drowning his throat with water. "You're jealous." Skylar gives a sly smile slowly pulling me onto her lap and wraps my body in her sticky arms.

"You know what little Morozan I am jealous because I'm not getting any younger and I'm still single." He says and he opens his mouth but then a loud siren rings from upstairs, almost the same siren we hear in school during a fire drill. "Shit." Skylar says and carefully removes me from her and I watch them run upstairs with a sudden burst of adreniline.