24. Wrong Feeling

_______________

Bailey's POV:

"Watch out there, you don't have eyes in the back of your head kid." Skylar walks into the teacher and I try to keep my laugh in seeing the shock in my teacher's face. "My bad Mr. Bloom." She regains her balance and steps beside me. "It's okay, walking backward is hard but I don't remember you being in my class besides when you had to take that test." He questions, oh did he see me and Skylar hold hands. I hope not. "Yeah, but I didn't finish the test." She's lying, she did finish it. "Okay that's fine you can join us again but my class is doing an essay right now so you know to be quiet, Bailey remember no helping." He points at me and I nod walking into class with Skylar following me, "Also keep the hand holding to a minimum." He calls out to us and I freeze hearing Skylar laugh behind me.

"What happened Beans? He saw us, that's funny." She sits in the same seat as before and I shook my head getting into my assigned seat. "Is your essay the one with your perfect economic world thing?" Skylar leans over trying to look at my computer screen, "Yeah it is, don't you have a test to finish." I tell her and she pulls a packet out of her backpack, "You're right I do." She puts it on her desk, she didn't finish it? I swear she did, "I know you finished your test though." I question, "You're also right." She twirls her pen in her hand. "Hey, Bailey?" A different voice gets my attention and I look around seeing one of my classmates Tyler walk over to me.

"Hey Ty." I give him my attention, it's been a while since we've talked, "How have you been?" He asks me getting in the seat in front of me, "I've been okay I guess, nothing special." I shrug my shoulders, "I hope something cool happens but I was wondering if I could get some help on the project I wasn't here to hear about the essay, and Mr. Bloom went to the bathroom." He scratches the back of his dark brown hair that's styled. "Sure, here." I turn my computer so the both of us can see and I show him some of my notes along with what Mr. Bloom showed us. "That's pretty much it, once we're done with the essay it's a presentation." I finish explaining everything that I know and he nods.

"Yeah, thanks I appreciate it and uh are you going to prom?" Well, that was out of nowhere, "Prom? I don't know, I would have to ask my parents but why?" I turn my computer towards me, "Because I'm trying to get my friends all together so we can spend the night together it's senior year and it's prom so I want it to be fun." Tyler has always been one to plan big things like lake days, friend dinners, and sports events for a lot of people and I've been to a few of them because his parents work at the same firm as mine so my parents trust him. "Yeah that does sound like fun, I would love to go but do you think you can get your parents to talk to mine so there's a higher chance of me going?" I ask him and he smiles.

"Heck yeah, wouldn't have been the first time although last time was a bust because they freaked out about the whole alcohol was there but I promise that won't know this time." He crosses an 'X' over his heart, "Thank you Ty." We both high five that made a few people turn around. "No problem you know I got your back and hey, are you new to the class?" He looks at Skylar and so do I? Has she been looking at us the entire time? "No I'm not new, I'm just hanging out with Bailey that's all." No Beans? Is she mad at me? Or upset with me? Did I say something wrong? She didn't call me Beans.

"Cool yeah, she's awesome one smart ass girl. She could be the president and I'd go all out in advertising for her and hey if you want to come with us, it's me, a couple of my friends and I know the twins Preston and Parker are coming I know your friends with those guys but I'll go back to my seat now. I'll see you around Bails." He drums my desk getting up, "See ya Ty." I wave at him watching him walk to his seat across the room, "Are you okay?" I turn to Skylar wondering what that was about, "I'm fine." She shifts her body that it's no longer open to me, okay I can read body language. "Alright, are you going to prom? I think it would be cool to go and Tyler is actually pretty cool, he's on the baseball team." I ignore her current mood hoping that highlighting Tyler will make her trust him a little since I can tell she doesn't like him that much.

"I don't dance." She says before writing something down on her packet, again I ignored it and got back to my work, it became awkward like she's hiding something from me. I do think she is hiding a lot from me, she doesn't really explain her past or what she did in her childhood the most I got out of her are the simple things you learn about a person, favorite movie, favorite candy but I never got a 'why' about them. I think she could write an entire novel about me but I think I could only write a children's book about her.

_______

The bell rang and I started to put my stuff away only to feel a poke on my shoulder and I turn around seeing Mr. Bloom stand behind me, "Can I talk to you for a few minutes after class and Skylar you can wait outside my classroom I'll give you guys late passes." Mr. Bloom tells her and I look at Skylar as she gets ups, "I'll see you outside." She leaves and I step over to the teacher's desk. "Just a question are you and Skylar together?" He takes off his silver wire-rim glasses, "I'm sorry what?" I ask to make sure that I heard correctly, "Are you and Skylar together?" He repeats, so he did actually ask that. "No." I reply.

"Okay, I just wanted to know that's all not that I'm spying on you two or anything I just overheard Tyler asking if she was a new student and then I remembered you and Skylar holding hands yesterday which was very cute in my opinion but if you're not together then it's no problem I just couldn't help but know more about her as a student and she seems to be missing a whole lot of days and classes all the freshman year till now, constant absences," he noticed the conversation too, what else does this man know?

"The phenomenal thing is that she had amazing grades and her test scores are incredible and for a student that's barely in her classes it begs the question if she's cheating in school. But not a single teacher has ever said anything about it and knowing you, you're smart, a model student so I just want to make sure that isn't cheating off of you." He says, "She's not cheating off of me, I promise I just recently became friends with her." That's what we are right friends? "Okay good to know, if she ever wants to be around you even when it comes to class you can send me an email and I'll excuse her from class and that goes for you too, have a good rest of your day." He writes me two late passes and lets me go, I grab my stuff walking out of his class seeing Skylar lean against the wall on her phone.

"Here's your pass." I stand in front of her handing the small white piece of paper and she takes it without batting an eye, what did I do wrong this time? "I'm going to class." I sigh walking away from the obviously distracted girl, "What class is next?" She catches up and I look at her, "AP literature." I say and she still concentrates on her phone. Why won't she look at me?