30. Our Life

______________

Skylar's POV:

"How do I look?" I stand in front of Dean and Sage blocking the TV adjusting my necklaces trying to figure out if they go under the collar or over it. "You look good but I think it depends on what this outfit is for, it isn't your prom already is it?" Sage asks and I shake my head, "No it isn't prom I don't even know if I'm going to that. Bailey's mom invited me to dinner probably to size me up and I'm not excited for it because they're lawyers." I explain fixing my cuffed sleeves just below the elbows of my only fancy shirt and I managed to find black slacks that go well with the navy button shirt, blue really isn't my color but it'll do.

"Oh so they're a lawyer family?" Dean asks and I shake my head, "Nope just the parents, she doesn't want to be a lawyer." I say brushing my pants with my hands. "I didn't know you two were serious, already meeting the parents, that's a big step in your relationship." Sage jokes and I glare at the two grown men, "Ha ha so fucking funny we're not in a relationship." I shake my head walking away towards where we keep our shoes, "Seriously though, you've been with this girl a ton, does she know everything?" Dean and Sage both follow me, "No, she doesn't know everything, she doesn't need to know everything." I roll my eyes trying to find something to go well with what I'm wearing.

"She will soon, you know that right the longer this keeps going that you're going to have to tell her right before you know our little government finds out." Dean stands next to me pulling out the shoes I was looking for. "Honestly fuck those people they just think they rule and look over everyone in every mafia because they've been running the longest, they're not going to know that I'm talking to someone who isn't in the mafia, they're not going to have her sign anything because she knows me, she doesn't know the life I live and I'm going to keep it that way." I take the shoes from Dean and I walk past the both of them into the garage.

"Sky, you know they're going to eventually know, mind I remind you that they're the ones who let us fucking live. All of us went through it, one bad thing that goes wrong between you two and she'll have to answer to them. You know the Agnellos don't just let anyone by and Bailey is going to have to answer to them if things get too far and it's not just her it's everyone she knows." The fucking Agnellos are a bunch of pricks that think they can control everything that goes on because they're the longest-running Italian mafia, next to the Russians but they don't worry about them, it's like we're being treated just as how the Volturi treated the vampires in Twilight.

"I don't think she's ready to know anything about what we've gone through and what we've done now, she can barely handle getting in trouble with her parents so how am I supposed to tell her 'Hey, I'm a part of the Italian mafia and we've killed a bunch of people and now that you know. You have to leave everything you have and join us otherwise you die.' fucking hell dude, our parents think we're off in some boarding school in Europe not here a couple of states away from them, you can't tell me to ruin Bailey's life the same way we ruined our parents. She doesn't deserve that." I grab my helmet and I open up the garage door.

"You're not going to ruin her life, you're giving a warning that if this were to continue then it can definitely escalate." Sage steps in front of my bike and I got on.

"You wanna know something, she said that she hopes to get kidnapped by a hot Italian mafia dude so that she'll become rich and fall in love, that's what she see's our life as. She doesn't know about the sacrifices, the death, the pain, the fucking guilt. She doesn't see our life like that and to dump all of it at once will ruin more than one thing." I don't want her to see what she's read as a lie, a dumb fantasy. She might see me like that.