56. Lightning Bolts

______________

Bailey's POV:

"I need money." I blatantly say to my parents as they sit in their room each on their phone. "For what?" Mom asks, "For a prom dress, I'm going." I tell them. I want to get something good, beautiful, something that matches the theme. I don't know what the theme is.

"Senior prom already that must be nice, I remember my prom night, my buddies and I rented suits then ended up wearing jeans." Dad chuckles and mom gives him a 'what the fuck' look. Did he really wear jeans.

"Jesus Daniel, really that's stupid I can't believe that's what you wore even the nerds at my school dressed like princes." I watch her stand up reaching for their bags and she pulls out both of their wallets.

"Woah, woah- Woah how much are you giving her?" Dad shot up his eyes widening as mom stacks 20s in my hand. I've even lost track of the amount I'm holding.

"Daniel, I'm not letting our daughter go to prom in jeans unlike you, shit, what's wrong with you?" She rolls her eyes putting the wallets away, "Go find something nice don't listen to your dad. Also there's a package in your room for you from Aunt Jacky and I." She motions to my room as she gets back on the bed.

"How much do you plan on spending?" Dad asks and I shrug my shoulders, "Give it a rest now, I don't want to hear anything else from you. Is someone picking you up?" Mom asks and I nod. "Yeah, Skylar's actually waiting outside." I tell them and Dad's eyes widen.

"Jesus Bailey why didn't you invite her in?" He asks peaking through the blinds, "I did, she said she'll just wait so I'll be going now." I tell them leaving the room going into mine. A small brown box sat on my bed and I opened it up seeing a note inside.

Happy Birthday my favorite niece, I know I know it's late but this needed planning and I think it'll be a great addition to your room and it's actually your moms idea to get you this so we pitched in there's something else too I just didn't tell her because you know how she is with military clothes, I love you.

I smiled at the note, I look inside seeing a folded pride flag making my heart swell. I unfolded it and laid it on my bed feeling my cheeks hurt from smiling. I can't wait to put it up. I don't need to hide anymore.

I looked back in the box seeing an Army shirt and I pick it up seeing Aunt Jacky's beach volleyball team's crest on the front and I turn it around seeing my first and last name with her number on it. I do a little dance before ripping my shirt off putting on this new one.

I take a quick glance in the mirror before taking a picture and sending it to her then I finally leave my house seeing Skylar playing hopscotch, only with no hopscotch. She's so cute. "I'm here." I get her attention and she instantly smiles walking back to her bike.

"Nice shirt." She looks at it, "Thank you, it's Aunt Jacky's present for my birthday and my mom me got something too." I mention getting on and wrapping my arms around her. Mmm strong torso.

"Really? What did she get?" She asks reving the bike, "A pride flag." I say and she looks over her shoulder, "That's something, something good." She lets out a soft smile that slowly turns into a smirk. "Does that mean we still have to be quiet when we have sex in your room?" She asks in all seriousness.

"Oh my, yes are you kidding? I won't have them hear me." I pull my head away seeing her smirk through the helmet's visor. "Just drive Skylar." I lightly push her head away feeling her chuckle.

___________

"Wait so what color theme goes with?- I mean I know they said Beauty and the Beast but I think it means more of a haunted forest like the beginning scene in the animation." Carmen says from the stall next to me as I attempt to fit dress number three.