75. For Me

_______________

Bailey's POV:

I finish plating my omelet while Marco and Dean are upstairs talking and Skylar is sleeping, I got hungry since it's been a couple since we got back. I'm still left in the dark a little, all I know is that Sage is missing and so is Liliana. I think Skylar blames herself, I think Dean blames himself too. I sit on their couch with my plate of probably the best omelet I've ever made and I turn on their TV finding whatever.

I do feel fine after it all, shooting one person was never on my to-do list let alone my bucket list but it was something, I mean I didn't kill the person, I shot him in the shoulder which wasn't my intention because Marco said to shoot him in the chest so my aim could use some work but none the less, I did what I was told and Marco was proud of me for doing so.

He was proud of me and we barely know each other. It felt good, even though it isn't a position many people want to be in, he was proud of me and I'm proud of myself because I did it for Skylar.

"Hey, I'm going now. I need to do a lot, do you want to stay here or do you want me to take you home?" I look up from my half-finished plate and I see Marco carry a duffle bag with him and Dean follows behind with his hands in his pockets, stressed.

"Is Skylar sleeping?" Dean asks and I nod pointing at her room, "She's been asleep for a bit I was just hungry. Is it okay if I go with Marco, I need to get some things but I'll come back, you can take me back right?" I look at both of them and they both nod. "Come on Miss. Bailey Skeels." Marco nudges his head and I put my plate in the kitchen waving to Dean before leaving with Marco.

"You know you can stop calling me that, it sounds very formal, too formal." I tell him and he unlocks the car, "Well it's just how I am especially with new people I guess, I'll warm up soon. It's not easy for us to let our guards down. I'm sure you know that." We both get in and I agree with him. "I know." I comment and he starts to drive back to my house.

"So what do you do know? Because I know Skylar and Dean won't stop till they get Sage back and I know that Sage won't stop until he gets Liliana back." I say leaning on the armrest.

"I have to report the incident and make sure that there's no evidence that we were all there. I have to complete a thorough investigation, like the FBI or CIA even. Anything I find has to be reported, no one will know this information unless it's requested by an outsider but that probably won't happen." He clears his throat.

"I've been gone for a few days now and I know Carmen has my back and won't snitch on me to my parents but how did you guys manage to get me away for so long when I don't have my phone to contact my parents, they're worriers in the worse way, I don't know what will happen when I step through my front door." It's creepily impressive that I don't have a search party or missing posters with my face on them.

"That's a bit more complicated because we break a lot of moral rules and sadly for now I won't be able to explain to you how we do it but when I drop you off, use that backpack down there so it looks like you actually went somewhere. When you're ready I'll be around the corner. There won't be a rational explanation, if you want to leave you have to come up with a reason on your own." He makes it very clear that I'm on my own for this one.

I bend down picking up the backpack that rattles. What am I going to say? Something that's rational, I can't just say that I was out making sure my girlfriend was okay because she's in the mafia and that I shot someone. They probably won't let me out of the house ever again.

"Okay, we're here. I'll be waiting, no rush." He unlocks the door and I get out with the backpack. I really don't want to do this, I can already feel my heart start to race as I get closer to the front door. "I'm back!" I announce closing the door behind me but I don't hear anything.

I ignore the silence and I walk up to my room turning the backpack upside down and wads of money fall out of it. "Holy shit." I cuss then I cover my mouth. Where did this all come from? All of this can pay for college what the hell? I freak out trying to think of where to put in.

"Bailey, is that you?" I hear my Aunt and I quickly cover the pile of green with my blanket, "Yeah it's me." I turn around and she leans against my doorframe. "You're back." She smiles and I nod, I'm back and I'm about to leave, again. "Yeah but I'll be going again." I tell her before grabbing the backpack and I start putting some of my clothes in it.

"Why's that? You just got back and your parents are downstairs waiting to see you." She sits on my bed right next to the not-so-discrete pile of money and I feel my forehead grow sweaty.

I know that she knows what Skylar is a part of and that she has some kind of deal with Sage but I need to come up with an excuse to leave because of some dangerous mafia thing that happened which ended with me shooting someone and a missing Sage.

"Skylar is hurt and I just want to be there for her because Dean is busy and Sage is out for while." I try to lie, somewhat. "Oh is she okay?" She asks, the more questions she asks the harder to leave right now. "Not really, she had trouble falling asleep and was shaking and sweating." I look at Aunt Jacky.

"You should still be there." She says sounding like it was an obvious answer. "I know but I had no change of clothes." I hold up my bag and she sighs. "Do you plan on staying with her?" She asks and I let the bag drop to the floor.

I wasn't expecting her to ask that but this could be my last chance to leave, forever. Is it worth it? To leave and not come back?

Is this the right time? "Are you going to hate me if I do? Because if this me choosing to hold Skylar's hand tighter when faced with my parents instead of leaving her and going to their side then, I'm holding onto her as tight as I can because I love her." I walk to her and I hold her hands in mine. She holds mine tight rubbing her thumbs against my skin.

"Aunt Jacky, I can't walk on eggshells anymore and I can't keep crying in the corner of my room because I got in trouble over nothing and yet still feeling as if the entire earth crumbled because of me. I'm a good kid and I will always be good." I tell her, feeling my throat sting.

"How can I hate my favorite niece when she's choosing herself over everything else for the first time in a very very very long time. If you go, I won't be mad because you're doing it for you. You made the decision, don't regret it no matter what and if you look back then I'll be there to help you when you need it." She stands from my bed and we hug each other tightly.

"And I will be here because I'm not out for deployment maybe a year or so, I'll be living here till then but now that you've told me. You should tell your parents about you leaving because that would be helpful for you. Now come on it's time for you to grow a pair and be an adult." She lets go of me and pats my cheek.

"Let me pack before I say anything. I don't want leave anything that might be important to me." I tell her and she nods before leaving my room. I get my backpack, the money backpack then my duffle bag. I take my essentials and my favorite clothes, my favorite books, gifts. Stuff I know I can't replace, I won't be able to take my whole room with me which sucks but I know Skylar is worth more to me then most of the things I own. I'd still probably choose my books over her but she doesn't have to know that.