28. Unknown Plan

_______________

Bailey's POV:

"Do you need help getting off?" Skylar stands on the curb as I try to grip the leather seat in fear. She thought it would be fun to drive down an empty road at 100 mph and I felt my heart stop the second I looked up and I held onto her so hard she got concerned and slowed down. I was not ready for that at all and it was terrifying. Never have I have been so scared in my life. "Beans?" I see Skylar lean down out of the corner of the helmet.

"Okay come here." I felt the helmet slip over my head and she made me look at her, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that, I understand that it scared you. I wouldn't have done any of that if I knew you weren't safe. I'm sorry. Here." She touched my leg moving it over the bike so that I'm facing her. I let my body go with it, I felt as if I'm still frozen in place. "Look at me, you're okay, you still have your arms, your legs, each of your fingers, and not a single hair is out of place and I'm okay see. We're on solid ground now, you're okay." Her fingers trailed down my hair and I looked up at her.

"That was scary Skylar." I muttered and she nodded looking down then wrapping her arms behind my neck and she pulls me in her arms. "I know, I'm sorry that's my fault. I didn't mean to scare you. I won't ever do that again." She mumbled into my hair as her warmth engulfed me. She held me tight and I let her, it's the place I feel the safest right now. Is this how Elizabeth felt the first time Mr. Darcy touched her, I mean her feelings weren't described at that moment but I'm sure she felt what I'm feeling right now.

"Do you still want to do what I had planned? If you don't want to then I understand, we don't have to if you don't want to." She unwrapped herself from me and I instantly felt frozen again, I want her warmth back but I know I can't right now. "No I want to do what you have planned, it's our deal right so I want to go." I rub my hands against my thighs a few times then I stood up and my knees buckled, "I got you." Skylar caught my waist and we both made eye contact. I stood up straight and she let go of me.

"Here's your backpack, what we're doing won't be till later tonight but you don't have to sneak out you can say that you're going out with Carmen or me because by the looks of these fancy cars in your driveway I assume people will be over for a while." She explains and I take my stuff from her, "Thank you." I mumble and she steps to the side letting me leave, "Skylar?" I turn around and she immediately looks up, "Please wear a helmet, I've heard stories from my parent's work about motorcyclists getting hurt really bad because they weren't wearing a helmet even if they were safe." That was a demand but it sounded like a plea.

"Yeah, yeah I'll wear one." She nods and I turn back around walking up to my front door and I unlock it, I shut it hearing Skylar's bike and the sound fades a few seconds later. "Hun you're home." I walk to the platform before the stairs still seeing all of the team as this morning, "Yeah I am." I fiddle with my keys. "I didn't hear the bus or a car, just a motorcycle." My mom looks up from a stack of papers. "Uh yeah Tyler wanted to go home so I got a ride from my friend and I'm going out tonight with them, I don't know what time yet though." I try to fit in all 1 sentence without getting too much attention from everyone else sitting around the overly small coffee table.

"Is this friend a he or a she?" My dad asks, "She." I state and he nods, "Is Carmen going to be there?" He follows up, "Yes." I lie, that's a lie, she's not going to be there. "Okay yeah that's fine just don't get home late okay since this is your first time out after you grounding be home by eleven understood." He points at me with the corner of the paper he's holding and I nod, "Also I want your location on since we don't know this person." Mom says, "Okay." I reply then I go upstairs, my location hopefully we don't go anywhere too far or somewhere I can make up a lie.