29. Like Him

______________

Skylar's POV:

"Skylar, can we go now?" Beans whispers and the bright light starts getting closer, "Not yet." I reply trying to control my breathing.

*FLASHBACK

"Sage, can we go home please?" I ask as he pulled the car into an empty spot against the curb "Not yet come on let's go." Sage pops both our seat belts and I quickly get out of his car and he slams his door shut, then I follow him silently seeing his hands in fists with one gripping onto his jacket and his veins show on his arm. It's the one sure way I know he's furious, not upset, not pissed, not angry. Furious. We paced up to the police station and he forcefully flew the doors back not caring and many police officers stared at us. He stormed in and I stayed back, "Where is Dean Celestine!" Sage's fists hit the front desk and everyone flinched, including me.

"Sir, you can't just storm in here and demand a name." The man in blue uniform stood up meeting my brother's height and I know he doesn't like that. "I want to know where Dean Celestine is!" Sage still spoke in a stern voice and by now everyone was just carrying on with their day. "I can't give out that information Sir, I can't even give it to family." The cop sat back down and Sage starts pulling on his hair. Oh no.

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY FUCKING FAMILY BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL SO FUCKING SHITTY ASS PEOPLE! I'M THE ONLY ONE HE HAS NEXT TO MY LITTLE SISTER! OKAY! NO ONE ELSE SO WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO TELL HUH?! IT'S ONLY US SO PLEASE TELL ME WHERE MY BROTHER IS!" His voice rips from his throat while continuously hitting the front desk. "I'm going to need back up in the lobby." A voice comes over an intercom and I know who it's for, "Sir you're under arrest for the destruction and disruption of and on public property." A cop comes around and I quickly open the main doors.

"Fuck! What no! No!" I see Sage back away from them eventually running over to me, "SIR GET BACK HERE!" Sage pulls me out of the building dragging me behind him. "Put this on!" He attempts to put his jacket over me but I swat his hands away putting it on myself falling behind a little. All of a sudden I feel myself get picked up and Sage continues running while carrying me and I wrap myself around him as he holds my back with one hand, "I'm fifteen I can run myself." I hit his back, "Sky cover your face." He tells me ignoring what I just said.

"STOP RUNNING FROM THE LAW! STOP OR I'LL SHOOT!" Multiple cops come after us some with guns in their hands, "Sage they're coming after us. Sage!" I hid my face in his neck, "I know, I know just hide your face okay we're gonna get out of here." He whispers to me out of breath.

*FLASHBACK ENDS

"Skylar, Skylar he's getting closer." I feel Beans pull the chains around my neck, "Right right." I blink a few times, fuck it's like Deja Vu. "Okay once he passes we're going to run back okay because we passed the car." I whisper to her and she nods but I know she's terrified right now. "Keep the hood on and hide your face." I tell her again and I adjust the hood trying to make it cover her face well. "He has a gun." She tells me, "Fuck his gun, I've ran from the cops enough to know how they shoot and they're shit okay, on me." I hold her hand and the cop's footsteps get closer.

A flash passes us and that's when I pull the both of us out of the corner and we make a run back to Sage's car, good thing Beans is fast. "HEY GET BACK HERE!" The voice answers through the street and I lift my free hand flipping the cop off as I let go of beans and I open up her door, "In. In. In." I repeat over until she got in and I shut the door, I slide over the hood getting into the driver's seat and I start the car hastily pulling out of our space, and the tires screech as I drive away from the cop and his car, I look in the rearview mirror seeing the light get smaller and smaller.