40. Lost Together

*DON'T play song yet

________________

Skylar's POV:

"Wow, are you sure there's no one in there?" I hop out of the car seeing Beans point at the fairly large building where anyone that remotely works for the government work, "I'm sure no one is here, even though we're in the middle of the city I don't think anyone is really going to notice us at all." I tell her looking around seeing strangers walking and chatting among themselves in restaurants and just on the sidewalk. "So do we just go in?" Beans pokes my arm and I tilt my head motioning her to follow me.

We walk closer to the entrance and I open the door letting her in first, the bright lights hung from the high ceiling lighting up the entire place that seems to really like glass, glass staircases, glass doors with steel handles, the walls were decorated with pictures of staff and events, certificates and posters of random motivational words.

"This is so cool. It's so serious." Beans walks further running her fingers across the edge of the tables lined up by the walls with vases of flowers and nicknacks.

Seeing her awe of anything makes my heart skip a beat somehow and I don't fucking know why. It's just, seeing her appreciate what's presented, makes me feel safe with what I'm capable of doing and it doesn't seem to scare her. "Yeah it's pretty cool and what's better is that the cameras are off because again the security is lazy to do anything about it so we can do whatever we want." I catch up to her and she turns around with an idea in her eyes, "Anything?" She hums and I nod.

*Play song

"In that case then, you're IT!" She taps my shoulder then sprints off down the corridor and I smile to myself taking off following her direction. "HOW ARE YOU SO FAST?!" I pump my arms seeing her a few feet ahead of me, "Come on grandma you're faster than that!" Beans laughs somehow getting fast. I shouldn't have said anything, I keep running across the glossed wooden floors keeping Beans in my sight as she enjoys the children's game of tag.

She all of the sudden makes a sharp turn up a staircase and I try to make the turn but I lost my balance hitting the nearest wall. "Uh oh, are you okay?" I see Beans' head pop out from the upper floor trying to contain her laugh. "

You're going to pay for that." I groan getting up and I immediately dash up the case skipping a few steps and she yells seeing me get so close to her. How am I out of breath already? I continued chasing her peeking into a few rooms as I ran by them.

"SKYLAR LOOK AT THIS!" I looked in different directions trying to find where Beans' voice is coming from. "WHERE ARE YOU BEANS?!" I yelled cupping my hands around my mouth, this place is fucking huge. "I'm in this room!" I hear her as if I know what room she's fucking talking about. I jog down the hall. I haven't been here before so it's all very brand new and I think I'm lost.

Bailey's POV:

"I'M IN HERE!" I try to say louder while being amazed by the book selection this city hall has, I kept my eyes on the wall most filled from ceiling to floor with leathered books. Most of it has to do with law and leading, some Sigmund Freud, Henry James, Charles Darwin, Erik Erikson, and B.F. Skinner. A lot of men, typically.

"Thank fucking I found you, crap. I ran down so many halls." I turn to the doorway seeing Skylar hold herself up on her knees trying to catch her breath.