42. Minds Away

_______________

Bailey's POV:

"It's hotdogs and I ain't eating the school's hotdogs, they're nasty as fuck." Carmen tells me sliding back into our booth and I look at the lunch line to see if it's worth it.

And it's not I sigh pulling out one of the books I bought and I started reading but then a shadow covered the words making it hard to read. I looked up and I see Skylar wave at me and I instantly smile, "Hey guys." She looks at the both of us and I glance at Carmen who's smirking at me. Oh what is she thinking?

"Hey Skylar want to sit with us?" I ask scooting closer to the wall with my bag to make room for her but she shakes her head, "I was actually wondering if you wanted to go off campus for lunch and that offer also stands for you to Carmen." She waits for an answer and I wait for Carmen to say something.

"I can't actually because I forgot about a test I need to re-take but Bailey here is free to go because it's hotdogs so get her something good." She already gives my answer and I look back at Skylar, "Ready to go?" She asks me and I nod quickly putting my book away and I look at my best friend as Skylar starts walking away.

'Go on bitch' She mouths to me, "Are you sure?" I whisper to her hoping that it's actually okay instead of leaving her again. 'Bitch go and fucking eat plus get that pussy' She mouths making the scissoring motion with her hands. I ignore it leaving the table catching up to Skylar. "Is everything okay? You weren't here this morning?" I ask walking right next to her.

"Yeah I was just running late that's all, are you okay?" She returns the question. "Oh yeah I'm okay better now that you're here and once we get food." I laugh and she smiles, "So where do you want to eat?" She asks and we make it to her bike, she takes my bag from me and I take the helmet slipping it over my head before getting in the seat.

"Wanna go to McDonald's? It's close." I suggest and she nods, "McDonald's it is." She gets on in front of me and I wrap my arms around her torso, strong torso. I lift my head up a little and she kept her eyes on the road.

Is everything actually okay? It feels a little awkward and tense between us right now. Maybe she regrets kissing me? Or regrets taking me out at all? Maybe she just regrets meeting me? Oh I need to stop overthinking.

But what if I'm right? And she's going to break the news to me once we get to our destination, this could be the last time I see her again? Oh my, she is actually going to drop me? "Hey Beans, loosen up a bit you're squeezing the life out of me!" I feel a tap on the back of my hands and I quickly look up seeing Skylar breathe out, "I'm sorry." I said loud enough for her to hear.

"Don't be you're okay, I just didn't expect you to be that strong." I feel one of my hands get pulled away interlocked with her then I feel her lips against my skin, "No need to be sorry." She says again this time letting go and I feel myself blush at the action. That was so damn cute I can feel myself about to explode.

We got to McDonald's and we got off her bike walking inside, seeing more people than before a few of which are from school. "What do you want?" We get in line and I look around for a place to sit, "Uh the same thing as last time is good." I tell her and she nods, "Cool, I got it." I grab my wallet from my back pocket and pull out a twenty-dollar bill then I placed it on her phone screen.

"What's this?" She raises an eyebrow as we move one spot up. "Money." I bluntly say and her eyes narrow, "No shit sherlock, what is it for?" She holds up the flooded up bill. "For food duh." I tilt my head to the giant menu hanging up.

"I got it, take it back." She grabs my hand opening my palm up and places the money. "Ugh fine." I gave in and she smiles looking back at the menu, "I'm going to find a table." I told her and she gave me a thumbs up.