17. Alphabet Mafia

______________

Bailey's POV:

I slowly turned around seeing my mom stand a few steps behind me. "I said what are you doing?" She repeated, what do I say? What do I say? I've never done this before. "I was thirsty." I lied, "Then why are you being all quiet about it?" She scoffs passing me, "I didn't want to wake you or dad up." But I did anyway. "Hmm okay, just go back to bed." She hums bringing a glass of water back up to their room. That was too close. At least I'm on the stairs and not by the sliding door. I eventually heard them snoring again and I continued my way out of my house.

I slowly slid the door open and I slipped out in the gap that I made, I shut it closed, and luckily the moon was out, just enough light to help me see. I walked towards the gate that leads to the side of the house and I grabbed one of our lawn chairs to help me get over. I landed on the small rocks that surround each house in the neighborhood and I jogged towards the end of my street. A single light blinked twice and I got further till the headlight shined on me, "Took you a bit Beans." I heard Skylar and I crossed my arms walking closer to her bike.

"To be fair, I almost got caught by my mom but I'm here now so is that good enough?" I gave a little attitude. "I'm just joking, hop on. We have a great night ahead of us." She hands me the same helmet as before and of course, she doesn't have one for herself. "So are you going to tell me where we're going?" I ask getting behind her wrapping my arms around her torso, strong torso. "Nope, you're just going to have to wait and see." She chuckles and she drives off, a lot quieter than before, I'm going to take a huge guess and say we're going swimming but there's not a beach in sight in our suburban vast land and I don't have a pool plus there aren't that many places with a pool either besides that one random YMCA.

I kept my head up looking at the houses and street lights passing by. I bet if we did this in a city it would be beautiful. "You okay back there?" Her voice sounded muffled through the helmet. "I'm doing great!" I laughed enjoying that I'm doing something really out of my comfort zone even if it is just going on a late night drive. I don't think she understands how significant this is for me. This is helping so much and I don't think she realizes it. We slowly come to a stop and I look around, we're in a different neighborhood. "What neighborhood is this?" I ask letting going of her to take the helmet off my head.

"We're in one of the rich neighborhoods and this house right here belongs to Mr. John, a stockbroker at some big rich fancy stock firm, dude is loaded and we're going to sneak into his backyard." She gets off her bike pulling a backpack out of the side bag. "Why are we going to sneak into his backyard?" I asked and I hear her chuckle, "Because he has the best pool in the neighborhood now come on but we're going to have to be quiet." She tapped her finger to lips indicating to be quiet and I nod sucking in my lips a little. I got off her bike following her to a large house, bigger than mine, at the corner of the street.

"Okay his fence isn't that tall but I do need to help you climb up unless you already know how to climb over a fence." She looks over her shoulder, "I don't know how to climb anything, when I was younger I used to climb trees but then my parents stopped me every time I tried and eventually I forgot how." That's a part of my childhood I miss. "Sounds like you used to have a pretty adventurous childhood." We stop at a white wooden fence that was like an inch taller than Skylar. "I guess so, I didn't do anything that amazing or adventurous, my parents say I didn't do anything like that if I bring some memories up." I explain.

"That's gaslighting but come on give me your foot, I'll hoist you up and you're going to swing your leg over the top and you're going to sit at the top and wait for me okay?" Gaslighting? I saw her crouch on one knee with her fingers intertwined palms facing the sky. "Uh okay." I swallowed that weird feeling in and I put my foot in her hand, "I'm sorry if I'm heavy." I apologized feeling her push me up, I held onto the top of the fence and I tried to swing my leg over, failing a couple of times but then I got it. I looked overseeing the rectangular pool that stretched the size of the yard, it's huge.