18. Unneeded Comment

_______________

Bailey's POV:

"Okay okay don't make fun of me, I like that Bounty coconut with the single almond  chocolates!" I admit loudly, "How though, those are fucking nastyyy." Skylar gags and I splash water into her face, "Prftt." She spits out wiping it off, "Fine fine, you have shitty taste, ew no favorite artist go." She asks, after a small heart-to-heart which I think was very sweet we started to play 20 questions but we've been over 20 for a long time. "My favorites, Mac Miller and Maggie Lindermann, I also have a deep connection to Taylor Swift and Katy Perry because she literally created the best pop album in the world. Now your favorite artists." I start fangirling.

"I'm not surprised at that, you seem like someone who would dance to Katy Perry when alone or in public but I would too anyways my favorite artists uh The Neighborhood, Chase Atlantic for sure, also Khelani and Daniel Caesar, it's a weird mix but I'll honestly listen to anything." She nods, "Even country?" I have a soft spot for country, Luke Combs always. "Yeah, I'll even listen to country some of it is actually really good." She admits and I smirk a little, she'll even listen to country. "I'm not surprised by you listening to The Neighborhood or Chase Atlantic, it seems very you." I tell her and she raises an eyebrow, "Really?" She swims closer to me.

"I mean those two groups give off a grunge-like aesthetics and it happens to match your aesthetic very well, what's your favorite songs by them?" I pry I'm going to prove my point, "From the Neighborhood, my all-time favorites are wires and lurk but you can also throw in rip to my youth in there too. Then from Chase, it's Cassie, right here and their new song escort. What are your favorite songs from Taylor Swift and Maggie Lindermann?" Wires and Lurk are both very 'I will burn down the government' type songs and cassie, right here and escort are very 'Give me a chance and I can save you' type songs, and maybe a little 'I will sacrifice the world to save you' that fit her very well. "From Tayor it's betty, don't blame me, mine, and call it what you want then from Maggie it's knocking on your heart, human and love songs." I have great music taste.

"Again I'm not surprised, songs about love and challenge and could be fruity is definitely you." She snickers, "Haha whatever at least I'm not afraid to listen to them in public and- whaaa" I got interrupted by my own yawn and I blink a few times. "You're tired?" Skylar swims to the edge and I see the time on her phone, "Well it's almost two am so we can get out, plus our fingers are pruney, like old people." She holds up her hands and I see the wrinkles on her fingers, I look at mine and they're the same, "Pruny fingers." I laugh high fiving her, "Come on let's get out." She pushed herself up on the ledge and I got a look at her butt. She has a nice butt.

"Okay, your turn." She stood up and I listened once then got out standing on solid ground and I started to ring out my hair then I get passed a white towel from Skylar whose back was facing me, "Where did you get these?" I ask, "His garden shed last time I was here, I take them from time to time." She admits, I mean it benefits us right now. "Are you going to steal more again?" I dry up my body as best as I can with her back still facing me, she even has a nice back. How does my body not look at that, clear and smooth. I even have stretchmarks that run horizontally across my back.

"Nah, we're just going to leave them here." She drops her towel on the ground and my eyes widen at her answer, "Leave them here? Then he's going to know, isn't he? Uh Mr. John he's going to know that there were people here?" I ask quickly getting dressed soon just being a little uncomfortable from the dampness, I don't know why it takes forever for swimsuits to dry, "Beans?" I see Skylar's foot tap, "Yeahhh?" I draw out the word, "Can I turn around? I want you to be content changing but these blades of grass I'm staring at is starting to get boring." She points at the ground, "Oh, yeah you can turn around now, I'm sorry." I hand her a towel and she just drops it on the ground.

"You don't have to be sorry, you shouldn't be sorry, if you're not okay with people just blatantly staring at you as you dress then you're not okay with it, you shouldn't be sorry for that." She shrugs getting her backpack from the ground, she got dressed pretty fast. Is it bad that I thought that she wasn't this caring, I mean it's just changing in and out of clothes but I wish my parents could understand this too. "I'm sorry but thank you and it's not that I'm not okay with it, I mean uh, I just don't have the best looking body and I can get self-conscious." Her face dropped, did I say something wrong? "Beans what did I just say? You don't need to be sorry right, no more sorry." She points at me.

"Right I'm sorry, uh WAIT! No, I uh- I'm not sorry." That didn't make it any better, I sigh. "It's okay but come on let's get you home it's late." We finished making sure that we got everything and we made our way back to her bike. "Thank you for tonight, it was fun and also teaching me how to sneak out of my house." I caught up with her long steps, "You're welcome but just know that we have barely just touched the surface, we have a long way to go." She tosses her keys in her hand. "I understand."

Monday

Skylar's POV:

"Skylarrrr!" "How come you haven't have called us all weekend?" I walk up to the twins in our usual spot. Idiots. "Because I didn't want to fucking call you guys." I fixed my loose shirt untucking it from my pants. "Come on man, we were bored this weekend and could've done some shit with you!" Parker moves over the bench and pats the open spot between the two, which I take. "Yeah well, I was busy dipshit." I glared at him taking one of my Airpods out. I scanned the common area specifically at where Beans sits and she isn't there and neither is Carmen. Hm.

"What were you doing then? Oh wait shit, did you help the blonde girl out?" Preston backhands my arms, "Yeah I did, now will both of you shut the fuck up, you're ruining my day already." I lean back and they both share a smirk but leaving me out of their conversation. As much as these guys are annoying they always got my back and I got theirs so it's not like I hate them they just piss me off a lot, I glanced over at Beans and Carmen's spot and it was still empty. I don't know if she's told her already for all I know Carmen could be talking her out of our deal. Which can't happen, but opening up to Beans felt good, it felt easy I guess, simple and I know she wasn't judging.

She was interested in everything I was saying although not everything was wholeheartedly the truth, she was interested in my laugh, in my stories, in me geeking about me falling in love with the animated green-eyed, innocent, long blonde hair girl Repunzel because somehow I kept going to that character, well in fairness she was going on about Shego. She wanted to hear me talk about my childhood stories although there weren't many at all and some of the crazy things that me and my brother did. She even let me hold her hand. I held her hand. For a long time too but I didn't mind, being in that pool made me a little nervous I don't remember the last time I was alone with another girl. I've practically been raised by men but I think I came out pretty good.

Not only was she engaged with what I was saying by her giggles and gazes at my face along with the little banter, but I was also engrossed in her stories of her being a little kid scrapping her knee while trying to ride a scooter, her reading out loud to kindergarten in 8th grade, her first time climbing a tree and feeling as if she was on top of the world only to be brought down by her parent. God, I hate them but I want to meet them. I really do, size them, maybe even try to change their minds about how they view their daughter. Our time at Mr. John's pool is something that I won't forget but it still isn't big enough of a jump to do something big, I need her to do something for herself.

"Hey blondie, what's up!" I feel a nudge against my foot and I look up opening my eyes seeing indeed the blondie in front of the 3 of us, "Hey Beans, you're here." I sat up straight and she smiled at me, "See ya losers." I got upstanding a few inches away from her, "Wanna sit with me?" She points at her chest, "That's the plan." I winked and looked back at the twins. "Preston, if you keep looking I'm going to blind you. Keep it in your pants yeah." I throw him my middle finger and Parker starts laughing at him as we walk away. "Keep it in his pants?" Beans' questions, shit she thinks it's because of what she's wearing isn't it.

"It doesn't have to do with you I promise, I mess with them a lot and they mess with me. Again I promise it's not about what you're wearing, you look great!" I scan her outfit for the day, I shouldn't have said that in front of her. "I do? It's just leggings and a flannel?" She buttons the flannel up, different color from the one on Saturday. "I think you look great, simple can go a long way." I'm fucking trying here. I'm fucking trying. "Thank you." She hands me a cookie, wait a minute it's not chocolate chip. "This better not be an oatmeal raisin." I raise an eyebrow.