15. Book Money

Trigger Warning: Mentions of blood (Nothing deadly)

_______________

Skylar's POV:

The woman stood close to me with her hands clasped together in front of her body, think- think- think- "Uh no thank you I don't need help, I'm just waiting for the people I came with to be done." I nod slowly, "I know how shoppers are at our store and usually it can take a while even though they say it'll only be a few minutes. I can help you find whoever it is you're looking for." She offers but I need to shut this down.  "No, it's okay, again thank you." I start tapping my foot, she gives me a smile before walking back into the store, I glance around trying to see if anyone was watching the weird situation before walking in myself.

I don't remember the last time I walked into a Victoria's Secret, honestly walking into one either proves how straight or gay you are. I tried to keep a low profile avoiding every single employee in my line of sight before I get caught again in a silent cry for help. I just need to find Beans. Why is this place huge? I continued looking around then taking out my phone just to text her, "Skylar!" I shoot my head up at my name and there she was with a sweet smile on her face, "I see that you came inside." The other voice I didn't want to hear but that's what she said. "Yeah Carmen, I actually looked like an idiot when you stole Beans from my side." I shove my phone back into my pocket.

This girl is starring me to death, she's partly glaring but her eyes change whenever Beans looks at her, we're both trying to be nice to each other. "Okay uh how about we get something to eat?" Beans suggest, "Yeah let's eat." I agree with her that leaves Carmen to either agree or disagree. "Sure." The black-haired girl shrugs and Beans stay between us as we walk to the food court. Boba, McDonald's, Jamba Juice, Subway, Panda Express, Dairy Queen, and some pizza place surrounded us as we spun looking for somewhere to sit, "Oh look here an open table." Beans ends up pulling both her best friend and me into seats around a circular table, Carmen to my right and Beans on my left.

"What are you guys getting?" I ask them both, leaning back into my seat in a man spread, why is it even called a man spread? "Oh I'm not eating, I just figured that you two were hungry." Beans confesses I can't believe this girl. "What do you mean you're not eating?!" Carmen and I say at the same time, at least we have something in common, Beans' health. "I don't have enough money, I mean I do but it's my book money. I have enough saved up to get books from Barnes and Noble so that's what I'm going to do." This girl is really choosing books over her hunger, how important can books be? They're dead trees with tattoos on them.

"Uh you're eating, I'll buy you food." I say, I'm offering but it's more of a demand that she's going to eat, I could hear the whale noises from her stomach as we were walking here. I mean the food does smell pretty good. "What? No, you already paid once Skylar." She denies it and I end up looking at Carmen for help on this one. "Bailey, eat something. Don't do the whole 'I don't have money' bit because, by the looks of it, we both don't give a fuck if you don't have money. I know you're parents are weird when it comes to you and money but that's why I offer and I guess she does too." Well, that's a whole lot of information, I kinda thought Beans had a problem with eating but it's her parents...again.

"I know but I don't want to rely on you guys for food, well at least when it comes to buying it. This is the most I've ever been out in months. That's outside of school." You're kidding, she's only been out twice, the time we went to McDonald's and the mall right now. This is the most, well breaking her out of her 'good girl' shell is going to be harder than I thought but that means we're going to have to get started sooner too, I need to test the waters find something that isn't exactly morally good but also isn't downright illegal. I looked around the food court mentally giving each spot a number, "Okay Beans pick a number one through seven?" I ask her and she raises an eyebrow but I quickly give her a look to just answer.