35. Winner Winner

_____________

Bailey's POV:

"Once the hour is done, you can take out the chicken, carefully, remember we put water so that it'll create steam to soften the vegetables and keep the meat moist, I hope you're not triggered by the word." I laugh to myself taking my amazing-delicious smelling roast chicken, I place it on the counter with all their eyes glued to it but Skylar's hand has a mind of its own as I see it reach for the chocolate chip cookies on the wire wrack.

"Skylar, I said no!" I hit her hand with the oven mitt and she jerked it away. "This is just torture, they're just sitting there staring at me begging to be eaten." That's what she said!! She complains for the hundredth time since they've gotten out of the oven. "I said no." I point my finger then we hear a stomach rumble, I know that was not me.

"Hm, my bad it smells really good." Dean chuckles, "Bro, have some respect for the chef, she's trying to feed us here." Sage slaps his shoulder, "Excuse me do you not have a nose, that smells like heaven and I don't know about you but I want to eat heaven before I die so will you shut up." Dean retaliates, "If you didn't say anything back to me then we would've been eating already and I'm hungry too so you shut up." Sage rolls his eyes, "Yeah I want my cookies!" Skylar gets in and I watch all three of them start bickering amongst one another.

I'm actually very entertained with this, it's not arguing I know what that sounds like thanks to my parents but this sounds more casual and jokey than it is serious but I know they are very serious about my food, Dean kept asking questions like he hasn't seen anyone cook before then Sage kept telling him to 'shut his mouth' because he's eager to eat because he loves roast chicken then Skylar will turn the conversation around back to her cookies.

The difference between all of them, Sage and Dean were looking at my actions but Skyler was looking at me, just me. I would glance up and we'd make eye contact and she didn't look away but she'd smile. It made my heart flutter. As time goes on whenever I'm with her I learn that this is not just attraction, it's feelings.

Stone cold-heart skipping-warm feeling-butterfly increasing-palm swearing-love song listening-future thinking-Universe hoping-touch wanting-pupils dilatating-happy dancing-constant smiling-cookie making- Feelings.

It's feelings. And do I know what to do with these feelings? This is the first time I've had feelings for a girl and now that I know it's an 'I want to be with her' and not an 'I want to be her' it changes everything.

I looked back at the deep tray and I started to peel the tin foil off making as much noise as I can, a sudden silence fell in the kitchen and I look up seeing their eyes glued back to the food, it's like a power. "Voila! Would you look at that?" I take a breath in and the aroma is like what Dean said, it's heavenly.

When I die I want this to be the last thing I smell. I peeled off the entire covering letting the 3 take a look and sniff themselves and each of them, I saw their pupils dilate.

"Can we eat now please?" Sage asks and I nod then they sped off around the corner of the counter fighting to get to where I'm assuming the plates are. "ME FIRST!" They charge up to me reaching their plates over one another. This is something that I haven't experienced ever. "Okay uh, let's do this okay let's set the table, then I'll bring the food over how about that?" I ask and without another breath, they sit at the table with everything set and even a plate for me.

I move the food to the center of their intimate square table with a low-hanging light. "Alright, you can dig in." I sit down watching all of them stab a drumstick and place it on their plates along with some of the potatoes, carrots, and celery. Then I grabbed my own serving. "Woah!" "Mmmmm!" "I TOLD YOU THIS WAS HEAVEN!" Each of them sounded and I chuckled at their reactions to my food. I know they like it.