of happiness and hogwarts (31)

they were escorted by darius to where graces parents were waiting. her mother hugged her and her father looked proud. we've rented a house here in london for a week until you go back to school said her dad. devon aspen and gem youre parents agreed we should take care of you until you return home at christmas. graces parents lead them to a fireplace and they emerged in a large living room. the squad went up to there beds and slept for 15 hours eatch. grace awoke to breakfast filling the house. she walked downstairs and saw her mother pouring soup into bowls for grace and her friends. aspen devon and gem were already sitting at the dining table. she ate her soup while she told the others about her dream she had about hogwarts. you'll be going to hogwarts in a week said her mum from the kitchen. thats gonna be great said devon. the others agreed. it had been quite a while since they had gone to hogwarts. suddenly they heard a knock on the front door. grace flinched and looked at the front door. her mother grabbed her wand and looked through the peephole. it was professor hooch. oh its you said graces mum and let rolanda in. whats this about said gem. you didnt take youre exams and also its a quarter of the way into the school year and you havent done a day at hogwarts she said in a condescending way. we went to school in the dark city said aspen. i know but you still need to take written exam so heres the papers fill them out she said laying down the papers. they filled them out and handed them back over. she left and made sure they all rememberd to catch the train. i wonder how i did said devon curiosly. i bet i did badly said. no youre good at magic assured devon. what should we do today asked gem to the group. what about going shopping said grace. oh yeah we forgot about school supplies said gem in shock. they garbbed lists from graces mum and walked to diagon alley. they arrived at the leaky cauldron and grabbed some cauldron colas. they chatted and once finished there drinks and walked into the back room. they knocked on the right bricks and stepped into the alley. they noticed many voting stations and casted there ballots. who did you vote for said gem. not tellling said devon slyly. well we know we all voted for darius said grace jokingly but she knew they all had actually voted darius crowley. they went to gringotts and gem devon and aspen went down to the vaults but knowing how sick it would make grace waited in the main hall. when the others returned they went to get books and ingredients. grace had noticed that since her old wand broke she had not been great at using her wand she had gotten from the liberators. she went into ollivanders and got a new wand similair to her original wand. she couldnt try it out of school. she wandered around the markets and decided to buy a small ring. it had the ability to teleport you to the last place you slept. it only worked once a week but she thought it was quite intresting. gem had lost his potion kit and so he bought a new one. aspen bought a special something called a haven bag. it was a small sack that could open very very wide and tie itself. inside was a bed and a dresser that once you climbed into the bag became normal sized. devon decided to adopt an animal. he adopted a small black owl. he named him aethelstan or aeth for short. they left the alley that evening and went to frankie and bennies. they ate dinner and went to there house. they watched tv while devon trained aeth to fetch. just then a little cat dashed down the stairs. mr whiskers yelled grace as she grabbed him and hugged him tight. for the next week they lazed around before heading to the station. the platform was rather empty. they got in a compartment and relaxed while the train thundered down the line to hogwarts.