of crawling and copying (51)

grace left the library and went to the vent from earlier. she shoogled off the grace and conjured a stool. and stood on it. she saw no one was around and clambered into the vent. she crawled in the tiny vent. it was only big enough for her with a few centimeteres of space left. she moved forward when she saw the paper. she moved closer. she moved over. her arms were scraped by the jagged stone of the rough old vent. she grabbed the paper and put it in her mouth. just as she backed out of the vent she heard 2 peoples voices. she stopped. it was proffesor mg and proffesor longbottom. she stopped and heard the voices behind her. they were in the corridor where the vents entry was. im telling you we shouldnt do the dragons again said mgonagal. it'll be fine said longbottom. last time a student nearly died replied mg shocked. il talk to hooch but she set on the idea said longbottom. you head to youre office il fix this vent said longbottom. she heard mg walk away but longbottom picked up the brass vent and fixed it back on. it was dark enough that he didnt say graces legs. he left after attaching the grate. grace waited until there was no one there before she began to try kick the vent cover off. she just couldnt kick off the grate. there was only one other way. and that was forward. she began to crawl. her arms were getting more and more scraped and her skirt and jumper were ripping on jagged stones. up sloped sections and around tight corners. she was crawling for about a half hour before she came to a spiral part witch was going up. just then she had a thought. she could have turned into a bird to fit through the vents better. she tranfordmed and put the paper in her beek. she walked along the tight spiral ramp in the vent. she climbed up and up before she saw another grate. thank god she said to herself. she looked out and saw a warm and cozy bedroom. it didnt look like a dorm. she heard a voice. it mgonagal. she was in a nightgown getting ready for bed. she was talking to herself about how much she haited that rita skeeter. grace just sat in the vent as mg got ready for bed. she took her hair out of its tight bun and slipped into bed. she blew out the bedside candle and went to sleep. grace was just sitting there behind a vent watching the headmistress fall asleep. after a while mg fell asleep. grace used her beek to push the vent off the wall. it clanked and landed on an ottoman. grace jumped out of the vent and into the room. she hopped over to the door and opened it a crack. she slipped out and into a comfy little sitting room. she transformed and closed the door. she put her paper in her pocket and looked around. she saw a staircase leading down to an office. the walls were lined with portraits. she realised this was the headteachers office. she saw no one else in the room and so she looked about a little. the portraits were all sleeping so no one could know she was there. she looked through the drawers of mgs desk. only paperwork on students. all except a binder on the fog. grace opened it and began to flick through. it told of how dementors were getting ever closer to the castle and they were causing dense fog. it also said how a girl had nearly choked to death on the thick smog. grace knew she had to take the files. she remembered a spell to duplicate things. she drew her wand and casted the spell. she put the original up her jumper and put the duplicate into the drawer again. she was about to leave when she saw a big planner on the discpiles. she duplicate it and stuffed it up her jumper. she went out a door in the corner and down a spiral staircase. she ran to her dorm and saw that aspen devon and hilda were cooking toast on the little fire. grace told them what she had done and seen. they were shocked.