of sliding and skating (42)

as the bus roared and moved forward the squad made sure they were on the tarmac. arthurs driving was slow and cautious at driving. he was desperately trying to seem confident but he was focused so much on the road. they drove like this for about a half hour before arthur stopped at a farm road. why are we stopping asked grace. cant the bus go extemely fast said arthur. yeah replied devon. how do i make it do that asked arthur. there is no need to ask said a strangers voice. grace screamed and looked at the doors. an old man with goggles and friend ends to his dirty hair. im going to hogwarts said the man. let me take charge. arthur left the drivers seat and the 4 ran upstairs. as they began to move they felt safer knowing they were now rocketing somewhere. the 4 stayed silent. it took a matter of minutes before they pulled up to the hogwarts gates. they entered the gates and the man got out and followed, might i ask who you are said arthur. im the new defence against the dark arts teacher grunted the man. the 5 walked silently. they arrived at the castle and entered the entrance hall. the teacher walked to the great hall and hilda grace devon and arthur walked to griffindor tower. hey said grace entering her dorm. devon had invited hilda and arthur to their dorm for a bit of a party. grace shouted aspen as she darted up and hugged grace. we heard what happened in the newspaper added gem. whos he asked aspen. thats arthur said grace. the 6 began chatting but it was clear that grace and her hotel friends needed sleep. hilda and arthur left to go back to their own dorms. the 4 chatted for a little longer before grace and devon went to bed. devon fell asleep but grace stayed awake listening to aspen and gem. its all very strange said gem. yeah agreed aspen. all these murders. first the attempt on graces parents life through the cake then the murder of graces father and not to mention killing the bus operator said gem. who do they want to kill asked aspen but she didnt expect an aswer. we need to ask her suggested aspen. no she couldnt handle it responded gem shutting this down. you can ask me said grace from behind her bed curtains. youre awake said gem. yeah responded grace. im sorry said gem. its fine responded grace. do you have any idea said aspen. no said grace. now let me sleep she added. aspen and gem gulped. grace slept well. she awoke to snow falling around hogwarts. she had another week off before school started again. she looked out the tower windows and saw that the lake was frozen over. i could ice skate on that she thought. she woke up the others. i have an idea said grace to the others. what is it said devon. we should ice skate on the lake responded grace. sure said aspen. the other agreed. il go ask hilda if she wants to come said devon. should i invite arthur added devon. nah responded grace unbothered. i thought you liked him said aspen. i do but dont i have to lead him on said grace. thats an old way of relationships said gem. what do you mean asked grace. if you like him say so answered gem. grace thought on this. did she like him. in THAT way. she didnt care. hilda agreed to meet them at the great hall. the 4 walked down in regular shoes with the intention of conjuring skates once down at the lake. they ran down and greeted hilda. they walked down to the lake and managed to conjure the skates. the 5 began to skate along the lakes edge. grace fell over more then her friends. as they were thinking about going back they saw a little cabin on the edge of the lake. we should go there hilda suggested. the others agreed and they began to head for the little cabin.