of holidays and horror (38)

over the coming month grace and her friends enjoyed a calm hogwarts. in fact it was very boring. the most exciting thing to happen was that they returned to a renovated and restored griffindor tower. it was the final day of the term before xmas holidays. grace had packed her clothes and ensured that mr whiskers was warm in his carrier. devon too would be going to the resort so he was just as unexcited as devon. the 2 had packed there bags and had dragged them to the train to head to london. aspen and gem were staying at hogwarts for the holiday. hilda entered devon and graces compartment. can i sit here said hilda. sure responded devon lifting his bag so hilda could sit down. the train was as fast as usual. when they arrived in hogwarts they saw there parents. see you soon said grace to hilda. whos that asked graces mum. one of are school friends said devon. wheres dad asked grace. hes already at the resort said graces mother. they walked to diagon alley and to a small building in the corner of an alley. welcome to port keys international said the greeter. hi said graces mother. where are you going said the greeter as she wrote in her book. we booked for the grand merlin resort said graces mother handing the woman a ticket. just over here said the greeter and she walked the trio over to a portkey. just put youre hand on the portkey said the greeter. suddenly as they placed there hands on the portkey it teleported them to the grounds of the hotel. wow said grace in aw of the massive hotel. they walked to the hotel and entered the grand lobby. they walked up the stairs to there penthouse. they were so tired they just went to sleep. the next morning grace woke in her room and got dressed. she looked out the window and saw she was very high up. she went into the hallway of the penthouse and went door to door seeing what was in eatch room. the penthouse had 3 bedrooms, a dining room and a living room. in the living room she saw devon sitting looking out on the beachs around the hotel. hey she said. oh hi there said devon. wheres mum and dad asked grace. they went to bingo downstairs said devon. wanna explore the grounds said grace. sure said devon and the two set out down the stairs. they passed the lobby and entered the gardens. there were 4 buildings in the grounds. the hotel, the pool building, a factory where the daily prophet was printed and a restraunt. they wandered around the green grass on the island. they saw hilda sunbathing by the beatch. hey hilda said grace sitting down beside her. oh hi did you travel well asked hilda. yeah said devon. whats there to do here said grace staring at the warm sea. theres swimming and bingo replied hilda rolling over to tan her back. wanna go try bingo then asked devon. nah said the others. grace began to tan and devon just wandered the beach. after they saw people leaving the hotel they figured out bingo was over. they walked to the hotel and into the lobby. wheres the bathroom asked grace. theres one behind the bingo hall said hilda. grace walked down a corridor and saw the rotating doors to the bingo hall spinning. she entered the bingo hall and saw no one in any of the seats. as she walked to the door to the bathrooms she saw someone in one of the chairs. he was slumped over and his head was hidden by a hood. she went to the toilet and left back into the bingo hall. the man was still asleep. she decided to wake him up. she lifted his head. his neck was bleeding and he had a knife stabbed through his jaw. dad screamed grace.