2- Age of Competition

Office is a busy place. Especially in the big companies like Maple cooperation, everyone seemed so professional, punctual and disciplined. It was due to work load and also to maintain the name of the company, everyone had to work their ass off. But they weren't forced to do that. Infact they earned a decent amount of money in form of their salaries, bonuses and other benefits from the company for their hardwork. That's why many professionals top priority was to work with them.

But this case was different for a girl like Camila. A small brunette who's hair were always tied in a ponytail didn't work here for a good salary or a good career. She was just making a living out of it. Ofcourse how can a girl whose only job was to bring coffee or tea to every office table where it was needed, can have a career.

"Really...oh my god..hahaha!"

Just when the girl thought she could have some rest, a very fade voice of someone talking fell in her ears. As the voice became clear, she knew someone's coming towards a kitchen counter so she immediately stood up from her seat to get ready to follow another order.

"I've always seen him on internet and that day he addressed to all of the employees but he was too far away..." The girl who's name was Tina kept talking as she sat on a stool against counter. "Black coffee." She ordered her with a smile.

Camila knew her because she often came here in her free time and many times also shared some interesting gossips about company with Camila.

"Me too.." The other girl spoke whose name was Rachael and despite the fact, they didn't have any interaction, Camila knew her name too.

"I couldn't see him properly at that time but even from a distance I can tell how handsome in real he could look like. You are lucky you're Mr. Jon's assistant that's why you got a chance to see him from near." Tina continued as Camila turned her back to make coffee.

"Like you've no idea, how nervous I was. I have attended many meetings with International investors, embassadors and businessmen with Sir Jon but this was the first time I really get intimidated by my own CEO." Rachael laughed after explaining making Camila curious to know more about the new CEO as her ears were now attentively listening to gossip girls.

"Is he that intimidating? I mean what's so special about his personality...I heard that the moment he walked past to get to his office, every girl was drooling over him."

"You weren't there when he came? How so?"

"I was on leave and he doesn't walk past through office rooms anymore ."

"Your coffee.." Camila interrupted their conversation for a while. Rachael quickly snapped her head towards Camila and stared her from up to down. She nervously started fixing her knee length black skirt which she wore under buttoned white shirt. The attire was a part of her company uniform. "What's your name?" Racheal asked.

"Ca-Camila." She hesitantly replied fixing her big contact glasses. Despite the fact she played major role in boosting energy of whole staff, her presence was merely noticed by anyone.

"Camila..don't tell anyone else about-"

"Oh don't worry Rachael....I know Camila, she'd never say anything to anyone." Tina cut her off as they kept bragging about their new CEO for the rest of the time. No doubt after hearing so much about him, Camila went home and stalked Manuel Mendes's son. Like every girl, she also got impressed by his looks and personality but it wasn't like she started daydreaming. She knew very well that the girl like her had no chance in that bussiness. She had much bigger problems in front of her which she needed to solve and that was the only thing on her mind at that time.

********************************

As soon as Shawn took his charge as CEO, he forgot all his extracurricular activities for a while. First week just went in understanding some things, the next went in interviews for several magazines and newspapers and the third he finally gave his future plan for the company. Work on new projects just started in a month. Shawn knew very well that they were not the only company with software developers but they had a very tough competition.

Maple Cooperation which was founded by his granddad was initiated by the cooperation of three share holders whose shares were later bought by Raul's elder son. The company got recognition in American continent due to the efforts of Sergios Mendes who was the first CEO of the company after his father's death. After giving 35 years of his life to the cooperation, he retired and handed all the matters to his younger brother Manuel. He went to Italy to spend rest of his life while his son looked after their business in Europe. Shawn was known to have a wisdom of his uncle in the family as he played the major role in worldwide recognition of company's products.

The company's headquarter was situated in New York and so was Shawn. His big luxury apartment had been his only private residence there while his family home was located in Toronto. Though most of his time was spent in office or expensive bars and hotels, he did find some relaxing time in his apartment. His apartment was the only place safe from paps. Otherwise, there was no place in Newyork, paps didn't chase him. Now being on a special rank, he didn't want to ruin his reputation, that's why he avoided hanging out with random girls. His hookups were limited to famous models or journalists and to hotel rooms now. He didn't bring a single girl at his apartment to avoid any type of scandal.

Three months passed and Shawn was excited to announce his first ever project. He spent his days and nights in that project and wanted it to be big when the first hurdle of his career came in his way.

"You are telling me that our whole....like whole fucking idea is similar to ADS....how the fuck it is possible?" Shawn almost roared.

"Sir you know competition these days is so strong. We probably should've come up with some unique idea." His project director said because Shawn didn't choose to work on the idea of his favourite employ.

"What do you think Mr. Ramsey? Do I look like a fool to you? Do you really think I have no idea of how tough competition is?" He was getting redder and redder in anger. "I myself choosed that idea cuz I had a faith in it...the idea was definitely unique, it's impossible to have exact same concept as we do..."

"Calm down Shawn." Jacob intervened as he noticed his friend's lost temper while Ramsey a 40 year old guy remained silent in fear of losing his job.

"How the fuck I can calm down...it was my first ever project, you know how embarrassed I felt when our opponents presented the idea before us..now they've all the investors, investing in their product which I thought would be investing for us." He clutched his hair in frustration. "This is huge loss for our company...you can go now!" Slamming his fist on a glass table he ordered his project director.

"Go..I'll see." Jacob assured Ramsey who left them alone. "Take a deep breath and sit down..we can't solve matters in anger.." He continued to which Shawn just dropped himself on his chair and spinned it around to have a view of beautiful city visible from the glass windows of his office room.

"I know it can't be an incidence...our project idea is stolen." It was Shawn's wise mind in work.

"I think so too....but How.. .do you think someone leaked the idea?"

Shawn spinned his chair again to face Jacob. "There's a spy in us and I need to find it as soon as possible...." He declared finally.

....................................................................

Are you guys liking the story??

Please comment your opinion if you want me to continue or I may stop...

Also vote is necessary♥