26- Heartbreak

Should I....or should I not....Fuck it! I should tell him but.....what if he'd find me desperate to date him..

Camila was contemplating her thoughts while biting her fingernails. Sometimes anxiousness made her do things like that.

"Our today's guest is renowned Microbiologist Mister Eastwood, we'll get the latest updates on vaccination against Covid19 from him....." TV anchor was speaking in the background but Camila was lost in her own thoughts.

Come on Camila, how can you be desperate, he was the one who asked you to be his girlfriend...I should probably call him and tell him the truth, I want to date him...Yeah that would be easy as compared to face to face conversation.

She decided in her head, picked up the remote to turn off the TV and started searching for his office number to know if he's free cause she didn't want to disturb him.

"It's  Maple corporation" Receptionist spoke on her end.

"Hi I'm Camila! Shawn's friend. Can you please tell me if your boss in his office right now and if he's not having any meeting...." She asked.

"Wait Ma'am I have to ask."

"Sure I'm waiting."

Receptionist dialled a code and Megan picked the call.

"Ma'am Is Mister Shawn in his office?"

"He isn't but who's asking?" She replied.

"She's telling her name Camila and that she's his friend "

"Camila?" She thought for a second and didn't remember any of Shawn's friend named camila but she knew one for sure. "Tell her that Mister Shawn will stay in a hotel tonight with Miss Amanda."

"Right ma'am I will." Receptionist dialled again to tell Camila.

"Amanda? Who is she?" She asked in confusion.

"Sorry ma'am but if you are his friend you can call him personally."

"Oh you're right. I will...thanks!" She shut the phone off with her head full of thoughts about who that girl would be.

Finally made the decision to call him directly but the voice on the other side of the call made her heart drop in her stomach.

"Who is there?" She asked.

"It's Amanda actually-"

"Where's Shawn?" She cut her off without listening to her complete sentence.

"Oh he's in the bathroom.." Amanda turned her head slightly to see if Shawn's still not out but her reply just turned Camila's doubts into reality. "I wanted to ask who are you to him?" She didn't wanna waste her time or lose the chance to get new information.

"Just ask him, he will tell you maybe!"

"But what's your na-" Camila shut off the call quickly. "Hello? Hello?" Amanda kept asking to no one.

"What's going on?" Shawn's sudden appearance startled her. "What are you doing on my phone?" He said snatching his phone away.

"Nothing your phone was ringing so I picked it up."

"Who the hell allowed you to do that." He looked at the number and the name which he changed last night to My Love,,,,,started calling her back.

"What did you say to her?" He asked again as Camila didn't respond.

"Nothing! She didn't even listen to me. I just wanted to ask who she is but she said I better ask you about her."

"Didn't you look at the contact name? Wait....you definitely did that's why you picked it up." He was mad now.