34- Promise

The day started so great for Shawn that he forgot about his business and health issues. The satisfaction and relief he felt after hearing that confession from Camila. He felt like he just got a victory at a war. His constantly raging bad emotions disappeared in a blink. The only thing left was the taste of her lips on his lips which wasn't letting him thinking straight since he came to his office for a work.

"After seeing all that previous record, I will highly recommend not to accept any new offer from this company...We can't trus-" Jacob paused while talking constantly about the matter in the files laying on the table in front of both of them. "Still that face!" He said as soon as he picked his head up to see his reaction but Shawn was too busy in thinking about their kiss to notice him.

"This man didn't listen a word." Jacob said to himself as Shawns chair was slightly turned in an opposite direction.

A smile was plastered on Shawn's face and he was holding the two ends of a pen with his both hands as his elbows were propped on the arms of the chair. His stare was fixed at the specific tile on the wall as they were both alone in the meeting room for half an hour.

"Heyyyy! Smiling hard Eh!" Finally Jacob succeeded in getting his attention by speaking loud. Shawn turned around and put the pen down on table. "What happened?"

"Nothing! Just feeling good!" He replied.

"Suddenly Mr. Mendes is feeling good after returning back from his trip to Toronto..."

"Jacob!!" Shawn laughed.

"Gosh that girl got you in a tight grip man!!! Look at you not minding anything egg!"

"Huh? Really? I don't think so." Shawn denied.

"You guys-"

"We are just..." He paused. "You know friends.." He shrugged.

"Just friends?" Jacob asked to which Shawn noded. "Few days ago someone was determined to be the bad guy in someone's life? Or I should call it a normal boss-assistant discord?"

"Jacob! Things can change...and with Camila things are always different."

"I can understand dude! It's love there!"

"Ugh! That's right!" He couldn't disagree.

    *****************************

Tiktok Tiktok Tiktok

The noise of that clock hanging in the corridor of the hospital was burning in Camila's ears for last 50 minutes.

"Why are you crying now? I won't die believe me!"
He told her just before they took him to the operation theatre. At that time his jokes didn't sound funny. She felt like she was about to lose the only good thing in her life because why her fortune would be so gracious towards her. It was always bad when it comes to her life. It would always take her happiness away.

"Don't talk like that about yourself!" He forbade her. "Why you think so low of yourself? Ask me how precious you are and I'll tell everyone that Camila Cabello is my life. Camila Cabello is the life of the only CEO of Maples coorporation!" He said like a ruler addressing to his kingdom.

"You are insane!" Camila laughed at his overly cliche expression of love.

He started doing it more often after her confession, expressing his love with all the passion and desire he had for her but it didn't cross the limit. A progressive intimate in addition to passionate make out session of half an hour or sometimes more than that was their only limit. They didn't dare to cross it, probably Shawn was saving it for special occasion.

"Do you really love me?" Camila asked him while playing with the rim of his light blue shirt. Her head was resting on his shoulder and his hand was stroking her arm. "Didn't I tell you for thousand times before? Maybe I should stop loving you if you'd keep asking me like that?" He teased but Camila picked her head up suddenly. "Don't dare you do that? I'd die if you'd do that. " She kinda threatened him. "I got more chances of dying baby! I may die before you!" He joked but Camila took his each word seriously.

The sudden flashback ripped her heart out. She stood up and started pacing back and forth in anxiousness.

"Why is it taking too long?" She muttered to herself. The time on the clock was now 11:30 pm and they took him in OT at 10 pm. Her eyes were ready to cry a river but she was holding her tears back. She wished Shawn had allowed her to share this secret to atleast one more person so that she won't be losing her shit alone over here.

"Promise me! Whatever happens you won't let anyone know until the operation will be over...understand?" He asked her.. more like commanded her grabbing both of her shoulders. "But-" She couldn't speak. "No buts...just Promise Camila. Don't ever make me repent on my decision of sharing this to you. Promise you'll keep it a secret?" He looked in her eyes like he was peaking in her soul. She noded slightly unable to resist.

Now standing in the middle of that corridor, she thought what if something bad would happen? What would she tell his family? How would she do it? How they gonna react? Shawn had put all the weight on her week shoulders.

"Nothing's gonna happen. Everything would be fine. It's not that complicated surgery, he'd be fine." She comforted herself again taking her seat.

Suddenly the ping of the door made her stand up from her position. She was already just hooked on the edge of the seat when the nurse came out of the operation theatre.

"Excuse me!" She was almost running behind her. "How's he?" She asked.

"He's unconscious right now, doctors are doing his bandage but we can't say anything for next 2 hours." Nurse told her but stopped as she saw her face getting pale. "Actually he's under observation right now but don't worry. He'll be fine once he'll open his eyes, doctors have successfully removed his tumor."

Camila didn't have a power to utter a word. She wasn't that foolish to not understand what being under observation means. Doctors weren't sure about his condition till next two hours and that was enough for Camila to endure. She couldn't resist herself anymore. With shaking hands, she pulled out her cell phone from the back pocket of her jeans and started searching for Jacob's number. His number wasn't hard to find but the tears blurring her vision and heart sinking in ocean, made it very difficult for her.

   ***************************

Comment and Vote ❤