15. Regret (Part-1)

Slapping her boss was not enough for her. She wanted to beat him up and scream at him that what does he even  think he is and who gave him a right to insult her like this. She wanted to get out of that house as soon as possible.

"Camila!" A knowing voice stopped her quick steps which were determined to go as far as possible from that place. "Where are you going?" Jacob was surprised to see her there.

"Home." She said firmly without looking at him while wiping her face and took another step not bearing another minute near that house.

"Wait.." Jacob who saw her while getting out of the car, now ran towards her. "What happened?" He asked. "Are you crying? What happened.. tell me.."

"I need to go." She said rudely taking another step forward

"Camila please where are you going?" Jacob now grabbed her by her arm to make her stop. "You can't just go running. You realised that you are in woods right now."

"I don't care...Just leave me alone." She shouted at him.

"Something happened!" He sighed. "Tell me Camila what's wrong?"

"Ask your friend instead alright!" She was mad at him too. "Why would you tell him lies?"

"What lies? I don't understand.."

"You don't understand? You told your friend that I am sleeping with you....why did you do that to me? I thought you're  a good person. That's why I asked for help."

"There's must be some misunderstanding here. Listen Camila! I didn't tell anyone anything..believe me.."

"I don't fuckin care..just let me go!" She was furious.

"But how would you go...come on come with me...I will drop you home." He offered.

"I can go home by myself...leave me alone."

He wanted to stop her but he couldn't cuz it was clearly making her more angry at him. As soon as she went out of his sight, he made his way towards house.

     **************************

His hand tightly grabbing the shirt, he  was going to wear, making a fist, squeezing the mattress, he was seated at.  Stroking his cheek with left hand, he could still feel her hand printed on his face.

How dared she slap me? Why did I couldn't do anything? She should've been happy finding that dress but she threw it on my face...

Looking down at floor, the satin dress was still on the same spot.

Wasn't it beautiful and expensive? God I shouldn't have bought her this dress..she probably is thinking highly of herself...what does she think she is?

Shawn's mind was consumed with all those questions. His eyes were fixed at the wall in front of him and his face was radiating so much heat. He didn't understand her reaction. He thought he'd make her happy by giving her a present and would try to prove his friend that the girl was not worth lying for. He thought he would show Jacob her true colours and would tell him that Camila is a slut who can sleep with him as well but he wasn't prepared for her sudden outburst in his room. He planned to get closer with her at his party just to make his friend realise his behaviour with him.

"Shawn"

He could hear a fade voice searching for him but he didn't pay heed and continued staring at wall. Jacob came straight inside his room as the door was already opened.

"Shawn! What did you say to Camila?" He asked not caring about his friend's shocked and furious state of mind. "She was so mad at me and was crying like crazy..what happened.  I swear to god if you misbehaved Shawn"