16. Regret (Part-2)

"Excuse me guys please can I have your attention." A silence appeared as people got attentive. "I know you guys are here to enjoy but there's a very serious matter here. Did anyone of you have seen a short brunette girl on their way towards my place. I mean on this dusty road leading here." Shawn had a hope that someone should definitely have seen her on their way to his house if she went through that road.

"I did!" A blonde girl shouted making Shawn and Jacob to look for her in the crowd.

"Where?" Shawn asked.

"Umm...i guess..sorry I was joking...just wanted some attention." She laughed out, probably was a little drunk.

Shawn took a deep breath controlling his anger. "See it's not funny. Someone can be in huge trouble right now. So if any of you know anything. Please let me know." A buzz spread in the crowd but no one responded. "If you guys know nothing about that girl than y'all can go home. Party is over!!" He announced making everyone shocked.

"Shawn! You didn't have to-" Jacob started

"They better go home and joke with their mothers. Don't they see I'm worried here." Pulling out his phone, he started making a call.

"Who are you calling?"

"My men. They'll look for her." He replied attaching phone to his ear. "Listen Randy.....did camila arrived at her place?" He asked.

"No sir no one came here." One of his men replied.

"Can you please go in and check the apartment and then inform me quickly." He ordered, shutting down the call.

"You have your men on duty at Camila's place? Really?" Jacob said frowning. He really did not expect Shawn to go that far.

"We'll discuss this matter somewhere else. Now finding camila is way more important." Shawn was now making his way out towards the jeep standing in yard.

Jacob followed him as well. "Where are we going?"

"To look for her. Maybe we'll find her on the way." Pulling the keys out of his back pocket, he was now opening the door to sit in the driver seat.

"Shawn we should call the police for help."

"Jacob right now we don't have time and we don't even know if she reached home or not.  Maybe she's in her way. Let's don't waste time and try to find her." Starting the engine, he asked Jacob once again. "Are you coming with me?"

"Yes ofcourse I am."

Shawn's phone started ringing as soon as Jacob jumped in the passenger seat.

"Yes."

"Sir she is not here in her apartment."

"Are you sure?" Shawn asked to confirm.

"Yes sir we have made sure....she isn't present."

"Alright. Stay alert...if she'll arrive you'll have to call me fast. It's important."

"Yes sir we are alert.."

"What happened? She didn't reach? Did she?" Jacob was worried.

"No she didn't." Shawn felt defeated for the first time in that situation.

"See I told you we should call police."

"Lets try for the last time and then we have to involve police."

     ****************************

That night was dark but it was way more darker for Shawn. For the very first time in his whole life, he was feeling helpless. He didn't know that this time he was gonna be wrong and would've to pay for his actions. He had seen many ups and downs in life but he didn't face any situation for which he didn't have any solution yet. He always thought he was rich enough to solve any hardship but he didn't know that someday he will not have a power to find a girl, I mean he didn't even have any idea that in future he'd care about a girl that much. Perhaps he didn't came across any girl as fragile and as naive as her before.

"Yeah!" Shawn said picking up Jacob's phone call.

"It's too late to go to police station right now so I'd wait for the morning. It's already 3am." He told as Shawn sent him back to report her absence.

They didn't find anyone on their way the whole night. At last, Shawn gave up and got agreed on getting help from police.

"Alright." He didn't have anything else to say. He sounded so defeated and upset like he had no more energy left in his body.

Stroking his forehead with his fingers, he could easily feel the ache. He was so tired that he didn't even care about cold. Sitting on the bench placed in the backyard of his father's house, his head was spinning. He had his both hands settled on his knees, in order to lean his head on the surface of his intertwined hands.

"God please let me find her for once...I  promise, I will never ever hurt her like that. I promise I'll try my best not to judge anyone like that...please." He almost cried talking to no one specific but pleading for help from someone, he didn't believe before as strongly as now because now he had no other way left.

He was now regretting each and every word, he said to her. The bench was still wet as the rain kept pouring before he sat on it. His denim jacket was helping him to escape the cold but in reality he wasn't feeling anything at all. His body was still warm due to tiredness. He didn't know when he went to sleep while sitting over there but a voice soon woke him up from his extremely sad  dream.

"Mister Shawn!!" David shook his shoulder for the third time.

"You should go inside to sleep. It's really cold out there. "

Shawn pinched his eyebrows trying to open his eyes but all he could see was a blurr image of David's mouth, right above his face.

"Shawn please get up."

Shawn could see his face moving as he yawned. A Shawl slid over his arm as he got up and sat straight on bench, probably David covered him up for a while. He noticed it wasn't dark anymore, the yard was quite clear in early rays of rising sun

"I slept for two hours." He checked his phone to see it was almost 6am. "Did you find Camila?" He asked in his sleepy voice, still feeling headache.

"No but don't worry..you will find her soon."

Shawn made a face that said he didn't believe his words.

"I'm coming...you should go." He told David.

Taking a deep breath, he tried to calm himself down and then as soon as he stood up, something suddenly caught his eyes.

Was that a head?

He thought furrowing his eyebrows looking at a black thing peeking through one of the tree trunk located in the woods surrounding the house. He started walking closer to have a better view. This was definitely a head and it was definitely a girl's head most possibly Camila's head. A wave of happiness generated in his heart which was soon converted into worriedness as he approached and saw her lying lifeless with her head hinged on the bark.

"Camila" He called patting her face as all the colours disappeared from his own. Her light pink floral top was soaked in rain, he remembered she left his house only wearing that sheer top. Her lips were getting blue and her hair were sticking to her pale face.

Grabbing her head, taking it in his one arm, he brought his ear closer to her chest and took a sigh of relief. She was breathing.  He could hear the sound of her heartbeat and her small breaths were falling on his face.

"Let's go inside." Moving his other arm under her legs, he carried her up.

     ***************************

How was that? What will be his next move??? Comments please

Vote too