20. Home

"Really?" Jacob said while taking his seat in front of Shawn. He was surprised at what Shawn just told him. "How did you do that?"

"Luckily!" Shawn turned around his chair. "I've some sources in FBI."

"If I knew it was that easy for you, I would've told you already. You have no idea you just lifted big weight off my shoulders." Jacob told him while smiling. "Anyways did you tell Camila about this? She'd be really happy"

"No....and I'm not going to tell her. You will tell her."

"But why? It was you who helped her out."

"Cuz she doesn't know that you told me the whole thing. Remember?"

"Oh!" Jacob realised.

"She'd be offended if she'd know and you will be in trouble bro.." Shawn chuckled.

"You are right. I'll tell her then"

"Yeah"

"By the way..how is she feeling and how long she would be staying in your house?" Jacob asked in curiosity.

"I don't know how long it would take me to find that son of a bitch who blackmailed her....I swear once I'll find him I'd make sure he would never see heaven in his life..till then there's no way I'd let camila leave."

"I don't know how to feel about it."

"Feel about what?"

"You letting a girl stay at your most private place.."

"It's not that big deal you know." Shawn replied without looking at him, knowing very well that it was a big deal indeed.

"You like her? Don't you?"

"Come on..man!" Shawn laughed it out.

"Lets be serious Shawn!" Jacob adjusted himself on his seat. "Just tell me if you really don't feel anything about her cuz being your friend I can sense it from a distance."

"I am not even thinking about it Jacob. I'm just trynna help a girl out, just want to make things right...that's it. You know me very well..." He refused.

"I know you that's why I'm saying this. Look! I haven't seen you helping someone out at such a personal level but don't worry I know your ego won't let you admit anything so I'm just gonna give it up."

"You think I'm denying when it's not the case. Maybe yes I like her but not the way you think.." Shawn clarified.

"That's a progress actually. You atleast accepting the fact that you like her."

"You know what I'm so tired of this conversation." Shawn said changing the topic. "Lets not talk about it anymore okay...and I remember I have a meeting in few minutes so I have to go.." He stood up, fixing the stud on his grey coat.

"Run as much as you can Mendes......we'll see about that." Jacob was still sitting at his place.

    .....................................................

 Shawn entered his apartment expecting to find peace and calmness. It was a really long day for him in office. After taking a day off, alot of things were pending and he had to put them out for a start. He had his dinner out with foreign deligation therefore, all he wanted was to plop on his king sized bed and sleep in his coziest bedsheet but what he found was totally unexpected.

Hearing strange voices as he stepped in, the first thing he did was to move towards the kitchen. His first reaction was an open mouthed expression.

"Camila?" He said like he was trying to recognize her. "What the hell are you doing?"