24- Dancing in the Dark

New York was mostly cold but winters used to bring the city it's signature beauty. When the wide and narrow paths are covered with snow, street lights are illuminating every tiny particle of snow falling from the sky. Then the coldness starts fading, begin replacing by the chilling air causing the leaves to dance with them. The white canvas gets covered with orange and lilac shades. Rain pours so much you can see your reflection in the streets and everybody gets to know that fall has gone.

It's different when you fall in love though. Everything seems beautiful in love. Every weather feels romantic in love. Love makes you feel beautiful, loveable and worthy enough to enjoy every moment of life. Camila was no different. A girl falling for a sweet, charming boy. Though she didn't agreed on being his girlfriend yet but he was lucky enough to have her in his own house, so close to him.

"What are you doing?" Shawn asked as he found Camila in kitchen once again.

"Ugh! You're here.." She slightly picked her face to look at him and then looked down again as a shy smile  creeped on her lips. "I was just trying to make an omelette."

"Right!" He said observing her strange gesture, while stretching his hand to open the cupboard. The sleeves of her brown cardigan were tucked up to her elbows and her hair were falling forward as she droped her head to whip the eggs. But the most attractive thing he found was her shy smile. Why was she smiling like that and why didn't she snap at him?? Why didn't she tell him that she ain't going to blow his kitchen?? He thought to himself. This was not the typical Camila, something was definitely changed.

"You slept good?" He asked as he put his coffee mug on table and then moved towards his coffee machine.

"Yeah!" She shrugged with same smile as she turned her head to him.

"You look beautiful.." He smiled back while putting the coffee powder in it.

She didn't say anything, just kept smiling shyly while looking down to turn on the stove. Shawn had no idea why she was acting so shy in front of him but he was sure that he was loving this. The cute, shy and innocent Camila was making him fall in love with her even more.

"Wait!" He said as Camila was about to pour the mixture in the frying pan.

She stopped what she was doing and looked at him in confusion.

"I just.." He streched his hand and moved the hair tendrils sticking to her face aside. "These were bothering you...weren't they?" Tucking her locks behind her ears, he told her. He felt like he didn't enjoy flirting with someone as much before.

"Thanks..." She was blushing so hard that she couldn't help but hide her face by getting busy in making omelette.

Shawn turned off the machine and poured his coffee in a mug. Usually he would go outside, sit in the balcony or drawing room to sip his coffee but he didn't wanna lose his chance to flirt with her so he stayed there and kept staring at her.

"You need something?" He asked as she looked here and there in search of spatula.

"No I found it."

"What are your plans for tonight." Camila snapped her head again to look at him. "I mean I can make you a dinner if you're free. We'll have our meal together. What do you say?"

"I don't have anything to do. I can help you out in making your dinner." She suggested.

"Well that's great." Unknowingly they created a huge tension between them and an awkward silence swept in the room. "Uff!" Shawn let out a long breath, he was holding back. "I think I should go, prepare for the office then." He didn't want to leave her but he really wanted her to tell him to stay.