13- Something Has Changed

"My God!!!!" Shawn sighed loudly after laughing like an evil villain for last 5 minutes of their journey.

"Did you see his face when I started presenting like it was the most hilarious moment of my life. I wanted to take his picture actually. " Addressing Jacob his eyes were roaming in lanes of New York which were quite wet due to rain earlier. He could see the steam layered on the window due to mixture of heat from inside and cold from outside of their luxurious car.

"Yeah!! I know it's a great achievement for you." Shawn turned to see Jacob smiling at him and picked his hand to bump their fists. "So happy for you bro!" Jacob said while bumping but his heart was thumping with anxiety.

"Wait.." It took Shawn a while to realise the condition of his friend. "You're not happy?"

"I...ofcourse I am..Why would I fuckin not?"

"You look worried."

"No no..Actually I'm worried about some other thing. "

"And what's that thing?"

"No you don't need to know..Its a random thing..not So important for you."

"But it's important for my friend so I should know.."

"Don't worry Shawn you can't do anything....lets not talk about this right now, just celebrate your victory."

"Okay!" Turning his head back to the window, he didn't surrender but he also didn't want to pressurize him. In their years of friendship they kept no secret from one another. Something had definitely changed now but Shawn was the only one who realised it.

"So what should we do tonight... how about club?" Changing the topic Jacob  was quick to speak.

"Not club I guess, paps always find their way over there. Let's have a private party at my dad's place." Shawn suggested keeping in mind that he didn't use Manuel's beautiful farmhouse for so long. In his teens he often used to throw a party in that location of upstate Newyork. Unlike Shawn's apartment which was in the buzz of city, Manny's place was close to nature that's because his father was little different than his son. Shawn was more like his grandad, egoestic and workoholic.

"Okay then we can do it tomorrow. " Jacob suggested.

"But why not today, you just wanted to hangout in club tonight?"

"Actually I've some urgent work to do tonight . I thought I would join you in club but I can't go to upstate tonight, let's do it tomorrow and also it would take time to arrange that place."

"Well it would only take my one phone call to tell the housekeeper about arrangements and it would be ready till we reach there. " He replied without looking at his friend barely holding his urge to scream at him that what was with his mysterious behaviour. "Anyways you've a work to do..its fine, we will do it tommorrow."

He also wanted to know what was he upto.

"Can you please drop me at my place?"

"But we are going back to office." Shawn was suspicious as tell now.

"Actually I want to go back home, wanna rest for some time."

"Okay.." He didn't know whether his friend was still lying or he really wants rest. 

As soon as driver dropped Jacob, Shawn told him to park the car on roadside to watch if someone else also present there. But what he saw was unexpected. As soon as the car disappeared, Jacob stopped the taxi.

"Follow him." He ordered his driver.

       ***************************

Jacob camila...camila Jacob.. .what are they up to?????

These words were fucking with his mind. He was desperate to know what was happening behind his back. The moment he saw Jacob entering into Camila's apartment, he wanted to get out of the car, go after him, grab his throat and ask him that why his best friend is constantly lying to him but he knew he had to make a proper plane in order to get the answers he require.

"I want it to be lowkey, just few of my old friends would be invited." He told  Daren.

Bold, beautiful and fierce were the words which suited Daren Antonio so well. Starting her career as model, 32 years old Daren changed her profession to become most famous American's stylist. She was tall, sexy and graceful with her fashion sense. Her Italian genes were really benefiting her looks. Being friends with her since his teenage, Shawn used to call her Danny instead of Daren.

"Forget about friends..tell me how many hot models you want to be there." She joked while sipping a glass of wine.

"I don't know."

"You don't know? Really Mendes?" Suddenly she sat straight on a chair, she was leaning on and put the glass down on a table in front of Shawn.

"Yes I don't." He shrugged. 

Daren slightly moved forward and rested her chin in her one hand which was supported by her knee to watch Shawn intensely in his eyes.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Nothing...I'm trynna see what has been changed." She told still fixing her gaze on his face.

"I don't think anything has changed Danny!!"

"Nowayy..this redness in your eyes, frown on your forehead, disheaveled curls are telling me another story. What happened to you my sweet boy!"

"I said nothing happened and stop acting like my mom now.."

"Shawn I'm old enough to be your mom as well."

"No you are my friend okay!! Now stop looking at me like that, it's creepy as hell."

"Alright..i won't look at you if you don't want me to tell, it's fine." Picking her glass up, she regained her former sitting position.

"Listen Danny.." After thinking for a while he finally spoke. "Can you help me out in something?"

"I'm always ready to help you out my dear."

"Actually I want a dress..I mean a female dress, a very sexy partywear..for a girl of height  probably above 5 I guess and a petite baby figure."

"OOOOW look I knew something has changed." She pouted with her red painted full lips.

"Come on, it's not anything like that Danny! It's just for a day."

"Who is the girl anyways?"

"You've met already...she came to you on my reference before."

"There are tons of girls came over your reference Shawn. How would I remember?"

"I'll introduce you tommorrow in the party but now I want the dress."

"Just bring her to me. I'll give her a proper style."

"No I can't..I mean just try to understand I just want to bring a nice dress for her. It would be a surprise."

"First time in your life you are going to arrange a surprise for a girl and you are telling me that nothing has changed really?"

"You're still stuck over there. See I'll tell  you everything but first you gotta help me out."

  *******************************

Comment and vote for more 😍