38- Birthday Party (Part-2)

Few moments later everyone in the party got busy in dancing and gossiping. Shawn was also back to his old party animal mood, he was constantly laughing with bunch of his old friends including that girl who didn't leave his side. Camila felt herself so misfit among those upper class highly fashionable people most of them belonged to showbiz and other businesses.

Looking over at Shawn, she sat on the bar stool near the counter and asked the bartender to make her a drink.

"Try this one out!!" Logan said pushing his drink towards her as he came and sat down too. "You'll love it!"

Camila looked at him with hesitation but remembered him being closer to Shawn.

"It's called Mai Tai... doesn't have poison...nor I took a single sip from that glass..I promise." He smiled at her.

She blinked for few seconds trying to recognise his face. "You-"

"I'm Shawn's cousin..Logan..." He introduced himself.

"Logan?" She put some pressure on her mind.

"I'm sure he didn't tell you about me.."   He chuckled.

"I'm sorry.."

"You don't have to..I mean I'm not surprised..he hates me.."

"Why?" Camila was taken aback by his words. The man who threw the birthday party for Shawn and he accepted his invitation, moreover they are cousins, how is it possible that they would hate each other.

"You will never understand...Its kinda complicated .."

"But I want to understand. Why would Shawn hate you, you must have some misunderstanding."

"Camila!" He laughed again. "I said you won't understand...leave it! Let's talk about something else."

She took a sip from the drink he offered her and liked the taste  of lime on her tongue. "Like what?" She asked.

"Like you...What do you do? How you met Shawn etc." 

"I do nothing...I mean I used to work in Shawn's company but then he wanted me to quit the job, so I did." She was now feeling comfortable talking with him. "And before that I was a waitress."

"Waitress?" Logan was a little surprised.

"You didn't expect me to be a waitress?" She smiled a little.

"No.." He jerked his head. "I mean I didn't expect Shawn to date a waitress some day...maybe he hooked up with one or two but I didn't expect him to take it that seriously."

His words made her sad a bit, realising her worth, her eyes became cloudy but then she glanced at Shawn who was still busy laughing with bunch of sexy girls and guys.

Logan noticed following her gaze.  "You really love him.." His eyes were fixed on her.

She quickly turned her face away and dropped her head looking in her lap.

"See Camila!" Logan said softly. "I'm sorry If my words have hurted you but I didn't say anything with bad intention. I was just saying the truth."

"N-No it's fi-ne.." She shuddered.

"You see that girl standing beside him.." She glanced at Shawn again, the same girl was standing with him, holding his arm. She was behaving the way Camila should've behaved cuz she was his girlfriend. "Her name is Amanda.." He continued. "His ex...last time Shawn was in love with her and she's a famous model. I invited her cuz she works for my agency and a very good friend of Shawn.. He dated several girls before, they all were either borned rich or famous but didn't get official with a single girl. He got official with you, means he's really serious about you."