8- Innocence

"Dad!!!" Shawn said louder than usual, making his way out of the crowded bar to hear some words from his father on a phone call.

"Sorry I couldn't hear you in there." He told as he finally found a peaceful place.

"How is it going son? Enjoying your life hun.. but don't forget that you're a CEO now." His father said in a lighter way. Manuel Mendes was always chill and cool that's why he retired earlier to enjoy his own life with his wife.

"I know dad..don't worry. "

"I came to know about your first project son and the leakage issue..I am so proud that you solved the matter so quickly."

"Thankyou!" He replied with a happy smile. Making his parents proud of him was one of the favourite thing for Shawn to do.

"Just know that business is the name of ups and downs and you just gotta be strong, patient and wise enough to handle any difficult situation..I trust you on that and I hope you won't get weak anytime. "

"I know very well dad and I'd handle everything..just keep that trust, now tell me about the place..how is it? and where's mom?"

"Your mom is sitting beside me, hearing your voice cuz she misses you alot.."

"Hi mum..I love you!"

"I love you too baby...take care of yourself." His mom told him on phone.

"I'd do mum, you guys just focus on your trip. I am a grown up now."

"Yeah we know.." His dad said. "Ok Shawn we would call you again whenever we found network working anywhere. Internet isn't available here or I would've faced time you."

"It's fine dad..just enjoy and please don't worry about me. I'm good..."

"Ok son take care..." His dad's words overlapped with his mum's. "Bye honey!" They said as they turned the call off and Shawn made his way back to the expensive bar, he was in.

"Who was it?" Jacob asked as Shawn took a seat on a barstool near him.

"Dad" He told taking his tequila glass to sip.

"What was he saying?"

"Nothing just telling me to take care of myself."

"Right!" Jacob took a shot and pinched his lips as he felt the burning sensation in his throat.

"You talked to her?" Shawn did came here to free his mind from his office work but after talking to his dad, he once again was thinking about that.

"Who?" He frowned than remembered. "That girl Camila..oh yeah I did."

"What did she say?"

"What she was supposed to say? Ofcourse she agreed." Jacob shrugged his shoulder.

"Good."

"Shawn...she looks innocent to me."

"Yeah she looks but she isn't. " Shawn said with a little laugh.

"No..I mean..I don't know her eyes say something else...like She is really surrounded by compulsions...like She's suppressing so much in her heart."

"Pull the brakes man! Observation much...I see.."

"Oh come on Shawn..I'm just stating truth."

"Jacob look!" He said putting his glass down on table. "I don't fucking care what her eyes or heart says ok? For now I just want to do something to regain trust of those investors."

"Alright.. I understood.. and why are we talking about business issues..we came here to enjoy."

"Exactly I-" Shawn was cut off as he felt a delicate hand squeezing his shoulder. He turned around his face to find a blonde head smiling at him.

"Shawn Mendes..the CEO of Maple's corporation..nice to see you here." She said with a seductive voice.

"Excuse me?" Shawn frowned in confusion.

"I'm Jasmine..but you can call me Jaz..probaby you forgot we met at Danny's newyear party..I'm her friend."

"Oh.."

"Can we talk alone for sometime?"

"Yeah why not" Shawn awkwardly said looking at Jacob who just shrugged before the female practically pulled him by his arm to take him away.

Jacob stirred his drink in his hand while grinning to himself as his eyes suddenly caught a hot brunette constantly staring at him from a corner. He knew it was his turn now.

              .............................................

Surprise another chapter!!!!

Also look at the Shawn, Camila and Jacob above in a pic and predict what's gonna happen??👀

Vote and comment for more <3

I'd reveal Megan's face in next chapter