12- Misunderstanding

"Any way of getting access to those photos?" Jacob asked Ricky as he called him to his pent house for a secret meeting. Though Jacob was tempted to tell Shawn about the situation but Camila had strictly forbidden him from telling anything to anyone else including Shawn. 

Jacob trusted Shawn enough to state the truth in front of him if it wasn't the matter of an innocent girl's privacy. He couldn't leak anything without her consent cause he knew how difficult it was for her to share the information with him as well.

"I can hack their system but I don't know where exactly specific type of stuff is located.." Ricky told as he adjusted himself comfortably on couch in the darkness of his lounge. "I mean...like I can hack any of their official account or even their personal account or computer or phone but I can't guarantee that I'd find you those photos in there cause I simply don't know where they are saved. And even if I would be able to find them and delete them from one place..who knows they don't have them saved anywhere else."

"Hmm" Jacob replied scratching his forehead which was frowned in deep thoughts. He really  wanted to help Camila and that's why he decided to contact Ricky. That night was the only time left for him to do anything he can  for her. "We need to do something...any better idea"

"Maybe if I have full information like original detail about the photos for example the device from which they are taken

"Wait that was the girl who took those photos..Camila should know some things about her."

"Great!! I hope it will help."

"Let me call her to my  place." Jacob said with a hope in his tone

             .........................................

"She just entered the house."

"Ok keep an eye on her and let me know if she'd leave" Shawn told the man, he gave the task of spying on Camila.

He didn't know why his blood started boiling as he came to know that Camila left for Jacob's  place at almost midnight. He felt extremely jealoused or maybe he felt deceived by his own friend because that was his friend who used to tell him about each and everything going on in his life. Then why he was hiding his relationship with his secretary from him? That was the question bugging his mind but he thought maybe his friend would let him know tommorrow.

In the meantime, Camila was in Jacob's penthouse trying to solve her issues. Ricky asked her of information about her ex roommate and she told him everything she knew.  Luckily, she still had her number saved though the number was going off since she left. She also gave him all the information she knew about her blackmailer.

"How many people know about this?" Ricky asked suddenly between their conversation. "I mean that you shared this secret of someone blackmailing you to how many people?"

"Not many...not even my mom or family. I just told it to Jacob and he told only you I guess." She glanced at Jacob for reassurance.

"I didn't tell anyone except Ricky." Jacob replied quickly to satisfy Camila.

"So it means only three of us know about it?" Ricky asked and both of them noded. "Good..no one else should know about this secret cuz the way Camila described that blackmailer, he must be very clever."

"Would he know about our meeting.. Oh my god what if he'd know I'm trying to-"

"Relax!! Nothing will happen." Jacob cut her off to calm her down as she panicked.

"Don't worry, he'll never know cuz apparently you work for the company and he'd probably think you've an ongoing affair with your boss."

"What!!" Camila exclaimed in surprise.

"Yes. I can help you but I need sometime."

"But he'll know everything tommorrow, he'll know I lied to him the moment they'd lose contract with investors." She was worried.

"Just tell him that you were fooled by your boss that's it!" Ricky suggested.

"You just said that he's clever enough to know that I'm lying."

"He is and he won't believe you but he won't do anything in a hurry. Keep him in doubts till I find the solution to your problem." He stated plainly like it wasn't a big deal while Camila was feeling like she'd collapse anytime soon. He picked up his laptop, gathered his stuff and went out hiding his face in his hood. He worked with so much caution to keep his record clean which was super impressive.

"Camila!" Jacob called her name to snap her out of her thoughts. "I know Ricky. He'd definitely find a way.  Don't worry. "

"I don't know. I just" She sighed. "This life had disappointed me at every moment so now I just lost hope of any goodness."

"Come on don't be so negative. I know it will work and if it doesn't then I'm here with you. I promise.." He comforted her.

"Anyways! I should go now."

"No..its not safe at this hour of night. If you don't mind, please sleep here and then go back in the morning." He advised.

"Okay I'll sleep on couch then."

"Right" He smiled happily as she didn't argue. "You can sleep in my room if you want. I mean if it's uncomfortable, I can spend my night on couch instead. "

"What do you think. Am I some kind of princess?" She said laughing. "I'm just Camila Cabello who slept her whole life in places worst than this carpet on your floor."

Her confession made him feel bad for her.

"Don't look at me with this pity in your eyes. It's the least I want from people. I don't like that." She told him.

"I'm sorry." He managed to say still feeling hurt for her. "I'd go bring a blanket for you. Make yourself comfortable and tell me anything you need at anytime."

Camila noded as he went inside to bring her pillow and blanket.

            ......................................................

Camila left in the morning. The whole night she was with Jacob. These were the only things on Shawn's mind as he woke up. What was she doing there? His mind was full of several scenarios and none of them was appropriate as he was running on a treadmill. His shirtless bare torso covered with sweat as he was trying to focus on his routine workout in those Nike shorts. His airpods were blowing music in his ears but nothing was making sense.  What was happening to him? He didn't know the answer.

"Hi!! Dude what's up!" Jacob said as he joined him.

Shawn slowed the speed of a treadmill as Jacob started running beside him.

"Why are you late?" Shawn asked pulling out the airpods from his ears.

"Oh I couldn't wake up in time." Jacob's answer was just adding fuel to his doubts.

"Really? Strange..you don't get late usually. How was your night?"

"Amazing like always" He shrugged.

"I think you had girl in your bed."Shawn taunted thinking he probably slept with Camila last night.

"No..I was alone."

"Alone?"

"Yes..Is there any problem?" Jacob asked noticing Shawn's weird attitude.

"Nothing..I was just saying so we could've made plans last night if you were alone."

"Yeah." Jacob replied trying to hide the truth he changed the topic. "How is your preparation for today's presentation?"

"Perfect."

"You look confident that's good." He smiled at Shawn.

       .......................................................

Vote and comment 💗