35- Healing

"Where did Shawn disappear suddenly?" The tall brunette asked Jacob as he took his seat across Jacob's work desk.

"He's on vacations with his girlfriend." He told the man sitting in front of him.

"Girlfriend? You gotta be kidding!" The man scoffed.

"I'm very serious Logan!" Jacob told the young man.

"Really?" He protruded his green eyes in response and passed his hand through his dark curly hair.

Anybody who knew both Shawn and Logan could easily assume that both of them were of same lineage. His tall height, black curls slightly darker than Shawn's were clear indication. The only difference was his light beard. He was  equally attractive infact looked more handsome than Shawn sometimes and that was the only reason Shawn didn't like his cousin much. He was the only man on earth, who could make Shawn feel insecure sometimes despite the fact that he was 3 years older than him.

"I'm surprised but not amused at all. Soon he'll break another heart..then.." Logan ceased his lips together.

"This time it's different....He really loves the girl.." Jacob felt it necessary to defend his best friend.

"Last time, he fell in love too...Not to mention Amanda was a really good girl.."

"But not the type of the girl, he'd be in a long-term relationship with. Amanda is a model by a profession. She's pretty, hot and was very much in love with Shawn but she wasn't the only one. There were thousands of other girls with same qualities. Who wouldn't love a rich, handsome, young guy? Huh?" Jacob argued.

"So you're saying the girl he's dating now has different qualities?" He challenged.

"I mean she was the first girl came in Shawn's life who wasn't interested in him. He had to persuade her and believe me! it took him months to finally be able to date her."

"I don't believe it. She must be the cleverer of all...playing hard to get. I know such kind of women, trapping rich guys with their skillful tactics." Logan wasn't ready to accept his defeat.

"You seemed way too much experienced. How many of em trapped you then?"

"Ha-" Logan laughed in response. "Believe me as well! I'm one of those who learn from other's mistakes not from their own."

"I can tell..." Jacob couldn't deny he was one of the wisest people he knew. He had always found Logan being charming as much as Shawn but more smarter than him. "You don't understand. This time it's totally different. You know why Shawn broke up with Amanda? She wanted their relationship to be official and public and Shawn didn't want it. He didn't want press and media to know about their relationship that's why he set her free. This time he himself made his relationship official in front of everyone. Means! He's really serious about this girl."

"Oh I remember I heard about the news..honestly it didn't seem like Shawn would do it on purpose." The situations, Shawn would handle with his quick reactions and aggressiveness, Logan would handle them so calmly and mindfully.

"Shawn didn't deny those rumours and that should be enough of the confirmation and he literally went public with her at airport."

"What if she called the paps?" Logan argued.

"But once you'll meet Camila your perception will be changed."

"Camila? So that's her name....well that girl is already out wasting his money somewhere when he should be  focusing on work.. so I don't think my perception would be changed." Logan was an overconfident man and Jacob knew there's no way he could convince him.