36- The Girl He Trusted

Jacob came to know about Shawn's condition when an employee of the transport department of their company accidentally revealed that CEO's private jet would take the flight from Florida that day. He was surprised at first cuz according to his information Shawn was in Costa Rica with Camila. After some investigation, it was confirmed that Shawn was staying in hospital for two weeks in Florida but it was too late as he already landed in New York.

Next day, Jacob was alone when visited Shawn but finding Camila in his room taking care of him made him feel proud of something, he didn't even know.

"Jacob what would you take? Coffee or-" Camila asked as she finished breakfast with Shawn and was now giving him medicine.

"Nothing" Jacob smiled in response. "I just came here to see my friend."

She noded and then left them alone in his room.

As she left, Jacob turned towards Shawn. "She cares about you." He stated.

"She does..." He stretched his arm to put back the glass of water he was drinking, on the side table. "obviously...."

"What do you mean obviously? Did something happen that I don't know about? Did she confess?"

"Maybe.." Shawn gave him a teasing smile.

"I can tell.." Jacob sighed. "Well I won't get deeper but what I see...bro! you're lucky...like seriously I was so worried when I came to know about your condition and I was fully prepared to fight you for not telling me anything but seeing Camila with you...I mean I feel like she deserved more than anyone to know about this....I am so much relieved now."

"You didn't tell anyone else yet? Did you?"

"Ofcourse not Shawn! How can I tell anyone without your permission."

"Good! I wanna tell everyone from my own mouth.. " He replied.

"When you gonna do that?"

"Just give me few days...I will tell them when I'll get better." Jacob noded in response and Shawn continued. "What's going on...I mean in company..any updates?"

"Nothing special. Oh I forgot..Logan visited few days ago..He wanted to make sure the new deal we are signing with his advertising agency should get longer this time. He wanted to meet you but I told him that you are with your girlfriend on vacations." Jacob explained.

"So didn't you tell him that we can't extend it for more than two years. I don't wanna stuck with him if something bad happens."

"I know and I made it clear to him but-"

"But? What?" He asked.

"The same old conversation that how he isn't the part of his family business and it's his right to stay linked with our company."

"He himself didn't wanna be part of our family business. No one forced him to start the advertising agency of his own. He wanted a separate thing for himself and he established it on a money my uncle gave him. Now why he still wants to stay connected, I don't understand.."

"Ofcourse he wouldn't want you to rule the company alone regardless of how successful he became in his own lane of work.." Jacob told. "Anyways as far as his advertising agency remains one of the finest agency in America, I have no issues in working with him."

"Yeah!" Shawn scoffed. "If he'll keep wasting his money on parties and models than I fear it won't last longer."

"Come on! he's a free soul...he kinda doesn't care about his money...."

"Free soul my foot! His only problem is me then!"

"Shawn! now stop being so negative. He doesn't hate you as much as you do.."

"Maybe we are equal in that case." Shawn said putting a fake smile on his face.

**********************************

The news of Shawn having a brain surgery didn't hide too long, his family came to know about it somehow before Shawn would've told them by himself. They were worried but after meeting him and seeing him healthy, recovering quickly, all their worries went away. The information that spreaded in his family faster than the wood fire was Camila being there for him all that time.

There wasn't a single member of his family who was unaware of the fact that Shawn didn't tell anyone about his illness except his girlfriend and she was with him during his operation and took care of him when he was going through bad health. Now everyone in Shawn's social circle and family wanted to meet the girl who gained Shawn's trust and love. They heard several rumors about her. Some said she is prettiest of all the girls, he dated. Some said she's an average looking girl but Shawn fell madly for her. Some even said that she trapped him for money cuz she was his assistant. In other news, she was the only girl Shawn took to his family home. Some said she was living with him in his very private apartment for two years without anyone knowing. Some stalked her on social media but couldn't find any of her profile and tried to judge her personality by looking at her paparazzi photos with him which weren't even clear. Some had doubts that the girl in the pap pics may not be the same girl, everyone talking about. Some of his friends were sure that this time Shawn's gonna marry that girl.

With all these rumors and gossip about her, everyone was now curious to see her. To meet her in person and they started trying to make plans for something Shawn could bring his girlfriend in. Every person wanted to see the girl in person but Shawn was busy enough to keep denying everyone. Lowkey he knew Camila wasn't prepared for that much exposure till now.

"Oooo!" Aaliyah shouted while tossing the glass with her friends. "This one is for my new project!" She said as she recently signed a contract with a clothing brand who agreed on promoting animal health and care through their clothes. The brand owner was one of the closest friend of Manny but she didn't mind as far as she was getting the advantage.

"And this one for your brother's new relationship!!" One of the girl said making Aaliyah stunned a little. She was with her boyfriend and college friends partying in a night club.

"From where did my brother come in between?" She asked. Rest of the girls were now walking with her to take their seat on the nearby sofa. Aaliyah was quite a popular girl in her social circle  and the girls and boys followed her like ants. Every girl wanted to be friends with her, but some of them were after her brother actually.

"My dear! don't you know your brother's new girlfriend is a hot topic now a days. " The blonde chuckled raising the glass of wine in one hand, putting her one leg over the other.

"Really? Why?" She asked like she was unaware of everything. She knew some of her friends loved talking about her brother.

"I don't know why..you tell. " She now put the glass on a table in front of them.

"Liyah! Did you meet her...I mean Shawn's girlfriend." One of her best friend asked.

"Ofcourse I did?" Aaliyah shrugged.

"How is she? We saw her few pap pics but those pics are crazy, your brother was constantly hiding her behind his back, the few angles of her face aren't even clear in that dark. Do you have her pics?"

"Yeah please show us..." Another girl stirred on the sofa in curiosity. They all wanted to see her wishing she won't be prettier so they still would've a chance but it was more of comforting their own hearts.

"I don't have any pics..and If I had I wouldn't have shown you guys anything without my brothers permission" Aaliyah told ruining their hopes.

"Ok then tell us something about her...Is She tall and beautiful?" One of the girls asked.

"She ain't much tall but she is very beautiful. So you guys don't stand a chance..I am sorry!" Aaliyah announced with a sass, sipping her wine, breaking few hearts.

"We heard that she was your brother's assistant-"

Suddenly her boyfriend appeared kissing her cheek from behind. "What's up girls!" He said interrupting the blonde.

Aaliyah's face lit up as he came. She felt like he was really her saviour.

"Nothing my love! Let's go...I wanna dance tonight!" She told him pulling his hand to come after her.

     ***************************

Sorry guys I am late but I was very busy past days❤
Comment and vote🌷