39- Present

Silence didn't bother Shawn as much as it was bothering that night. Ok ask now! He thought but then rethinking his decision, he changed it, when we will cross the station. The station would pass and he'd not say a single word delaying it out of fear. Why was he so frightened to ask her, he did not feel that way his whole life.

The whole ride, he couldn't muster up the courage to start that conversation nor he could start it when they reached home. The apartment door closed, Camila plopped on the couch and Shawn went to the kitchen. He came back with two coffee mugs in his both hands.

"You made me the coffee..thankyou." She smiled wide taking the mug from his hand. "Wow! It's good.." She took the sip and lived the taste. "You know I really needed it right now. I was so tired...this party stuff is not my thing, I got bored.."

"I thought you enjoyed." He said looking at his coffee. "I mean with Logan..what were you guys talking about?" A weight was kinda lifted off his shoulders.

"Huh?" She turned over. "The same things you were talking about with Amanda."

"We were just talking about our school days..."

"Oh really I thought you were talking about the old time when you two were together." She said then took a sip of her coffee again.

"Excuse me! Who told you about that? Wait..." He scoffed. "Don't tell me it's Logan.."

"Sha-"

"He was really trynna change your heart by telling you about my ex." He said cutting her off.

"He didn't change anything Shawn."

"Camila you don't know anything about him, better not take his side!" His jaw clenched, making few veins of his face popping out.

"Fine!" She exhaled all the anger. "I don't wanna fight."

"I don't either." He was quick to reply glancing at her but got stuck in his position. Few tears fell from the corner of her eyes. "I didn't intend to make you upset...forgive me." His heart melted at the sight.

"No it's not you.." She sniffled trying to inhibit her tears. "It's just when I can't take my anger out on someone, I just.." She scoffed. "I just start crying.."

"Baby!" He called lovingly and held her hand in both of his hands. "You can take your anger out on me...come on.." He freed one of his hand and picked up the table lamp in it. "You can beat me with this...what do you say?" She started laughing in response which made Shawn successful in his mission.

"I don't want to end up in jail." Wiping her face with the back of her hand, she told him.

"You won't dear..trust me I wouldn't want it. I'll never complain, not a single word, infact I'd make sure to keep you out of jail even if you kill me.. " He kept saying making her laugh, when they became tired of laughing, a silence came over both of them. They just kept staring at each other without uttering a word.

"Why were you angry?" He finally said.

"I don't know.." She shrugged.

"Due to Amanda? I was hanging out with my ex...that made you angry?"

"Ummm...maybe..a little bit.." She smiled trying not to make him feel guilty.

"I promise...I won't do it again." His gaze was intense.

"Ok fine.. Let's leave it here... I forgot  to give you your birthday present.." She was about to get up but Shawn pulled her dowm by grabbing her arm.

"Don't go.." He requested.

"I gotta bring your present.. "

"You can give me my most special birthday present ever.....right here....right now.." She couldn't make sense of his words.

"How?" She asked.

He put his one hand in the pocket of his pant and bent down on his knees in front of her. Camila's heart beat started pacing faster than the jet speed. Pulling the small black box from his pocket, he opened it and asked. "Will you marry me?"

For a moment, the world stopped for both of them. Camila felt like she was in heaven, her head spinning with nervousness, her hands shaking and breath speeding. On the other hand, Shawn's condition wasn't better, his heartbeat abrupt, he felt standing the verge of the deep ocean, trying not to drown and Camila was the only one who could save him from falling into it.

"Yes.." She finally gave in making fireworks erupting in Shawn's heart. "I will.." Tears started falling from both of their eyes. Shawn nervously pulled out the ring to put it on her finger. It was white gold with small diamonds sparkling on the rim and one big diamond in the middle. They hugged and kissed, then danced to their favourite song when got tired slept in each others arms till morning. That was the most beautiful night in both of their lives.

   ........................................................

Vote and Comment❤