14- A Slut

Tugging up the full sleeves of his denim shirt to the length meeting his elbow, he put one of his hands on the steering to horn once again. He knew the weather outside is chilling but his heart was on fire making his whole body heat up a little. Tapping his fingers on the rim of the wheel, the ring on his middle finger of right hand was creating a quiet irritating music. The truth was that if anyone else would've present in the car, he won't tolerate that tensed atmosphere for a second. He was clearly anxious but as soon as he saw her glimpse, he composed himself, putting on a facade and started his jeep.

For a long time, the whole ride, he didn't say a word. His thoughts were consumed with so many questions. He was questioning his anxiety, his friendship and this weird feeling, he started to feel whenever he was around this girl.

"Where are we going?" Not tolerating another minute of this silent torture, Camila finally spoke. Looking at the road slowly getting towards woods, she knew what there destination was but she had no idea why they were going there.

"Upstate." He gave a one word answer not in a mood of speaking to her more. Probably he was mad at her for hanging out with his friend without his knowledge.

"Why?" She asked now grabbing the door handle to save herself from jerks of that bumpy road, they just landed on to . "Are you gonna kill me and burry my deàdbody in forest." Camila felt really scared for a while.

To her surprise, Shawn just snorted on her question and focused on that dusty road.

"I'm asking something." She was annoyed now.

"Why would you think I'd give you that much importance hun" He was making fun of her when he really had an urge to do something really bad with her. "If I have to kill you, I won't make my own hand dirty with your blood. My men would've been enough for it."

Camila went quiet on his statement though she wanted to scratch his face with her nails but suppressed her desire. She was convinced that she hated this man more than anything in this world.

"If I'm not that important than why did you pick me up by yourself. Any of your men would've done that." After thinking a while, she finally came up with the answer.

"You are right." Shawn did give her a point for that retaliation because he himself didn't know why he went there to pick her by himself. "But you know what.." He really wanted to torture her that's why he picked her. "I didn't want you to be late for the work."

"What do you mean?"

"I brought you here so you could look at the catering at my party tonight."

"Catering??" She was confused as hell.

"Weren't you a waitress before this job?"

"Yeah but how do you know?"

"What did you think.  I won't check your profile before hiring you as my assistant." He told with an arrogant smile while Camila remained silent. "Anyways tonight I'm having party to celebrate my victory at my dad's house. All of my close friends are invited so I don't want to mess up anything. I couldn't arrange everything in short time so I need a little help of yours."

"That's your dad's place??" She asked a little mesmerized by the view in front of her eyes as they reached to a place she could only imagine in dreams.

"Hmm" He just noded, parking his jeep in front of a beautiful house surrounded by dense trees. She could feel the frost while stepping on the grass while fading light of evening was making the fairy lights hanging on surrounding trees to glow a little more.

To her surprise, the house was as beautiful from inside, as it was from outside. It was mainly craved with wooden architecture but one of the whole side of house was just made up of glass to let sunlight directly fall inside which was very necessary for living in the cold weather of New York. The whole house was very cozy and warm from inside.