28- Girlfriend

Sun was shining in full glow of daylight as Manny was sunbathing on the poolside of his big villa. In his navy blue Nikey shorts and sky blue t-shirt he had black googles on which he quickly decided to replace as he received someone's text for looking at the renowned gossip website.

"Can you please bring me my glasses from inside Daren!" He requested to his maid who was putting two slim glasses of orange juice on the table beside his chair.

"Yes sir!" She smiled and went to fetch his glasses.

In Mendes territory everyone was treated with respect. It was the rule made by Raul Mendes decades ago.

"Here sir" She handed him while Karen came fresh after a shower to have her orange juice.

"Thankyou." He replied and replaced his black googles with contact glasses while tapping on his iPad with the thumb of his other hand.

"Is there something special in news you're searching for?" She knew her husband well.

"Your son..." He focused on clicking a website. "Apparently in the news!"

"Oh he's always in the news." She replied like a proud mother.

"I hope for good things only." Without picking his head up, he replied. "Look here it is......
'New CEO of Maple corporation Shawn Mendes in a secret relationship'  He read it out loud.

"Oh that's out?" She immediately put the glass she was sipping back on table.

"You know about this?"

"No not really....I mean I met this girl at his apartment."

"You mean you met his girlfriend at his apartment already? It was that serious..?"

"Yeah they were sorta living together for a while I guess but as I said earlier, I don't have much information. I just stayed there hardly for a day and Shawn told me not to tell anyone about it.."

"And who is she? Her family?"

"Don't know about her family but the girl was cute. Quiet beautiful kind of looked like Latina to me with her dark curls and tan complexion. Shawn seemd to be really into her. Like I saw him getting worried about her, taking care of her like a true gentleman. I've never seen him doing that much for any girl in his whole life."

"Right!" Manny put down the ipad and picked up his phone.

"Who you calling at?" Karen asked.

"You're son."

        ************************

"Your relationship with Camila, you gotta make it official, just don't let these tabloids use your image and personal life for free. Tell everyone by yourself and close this chapter." Jacob suggested.

"It's impossible! Can't happen. Do something else..."

"Why? Just date already. I know you want her."

"But she doesn't." Saying this Shawn felt like shattering his ego by his own hands. " She doesn't wanna date me."

Jacob went silent on his confession. He didn't have any answer to respond nor he knew whether he should console his friend for getting rejected by the love of his life or give him suggestion to get outta situation. His mind was busy in comprehending all the information when Shawn's phone started ringing.

"It's dad" Shawn told.

"Pick up the call then." Jacob said.

"It's so unusual of him to call at this hour of the day. He knows I would be busy in work." Shawn ignored the ringing tone.

"Maybe it's urgent."

"I'm afraid.." Shawn admitted.

"Just pick up the call man!  We'll see."

Shawn acted upon Jacob's order and picked it up. "Hi! dad everything's fine?"

"Ofcourse son! How you doing?" Manny asked

"I'm fine." He replied

"I won't take your much of a time, I know you are busy son. Actually me and your mum wanted to invite you on dinner this weekend, if you could make some time for us, long time we haven't met."

"Yeah!" He sighed in relief. "I mean I wanted to spend some time with you guys as well since you came back from your trip."

"Then we will be waiting for you this weekend and don't forget to bring your girlfriend with you."

"Girl-friend?" He felt his throat drying.

"Yeah Now don't tell me you got no girlfriend cuz your mum told me everything and it's even in the news. I'm actually mad at you for not telling me that you finally gave in for someone but you can have my forgiveness if you'll bring the girl with you. I'm sure she will be really glad to meet your family." Manny smiled and he could feel it.

"Yeah dad! I have a meeting right now. I will call you later."

"Sure son bye!"

"Bye!" He said as he hung up the call.

"They know?" Jacob got a hint.

"They invited me on dinner with my supposed girlfriend..." He said in frustration.

"Don't worry...we can get through it."

      ***************************

Vote and Comment