42- Happy With You

Shawn caught sight of Karl from afar as he didn't stop running.

"Camila!" He yelled but the kidnapper picked up the speed. "Stop!" He yelled again but in vain. Instead of surrendering Karl turned back and shot few bullets towards him, luckily missed the target.

"Shawn! he has a gun...stop following him. He can't escape that easily." Jacob who was behind him tried to convince him as he stopped in his way due to shooting.

"Listen!" Ignoring Jacob he continued addressing Karl. "I am ready to give you everything you want. Just leave her...leave Camila!" He pleaded.

To his surprise, Karl stopped in his track. "You will give me everything I want? Really?" His gesture was ridiculating. Shawn took advantage of the opportunity and rushed to pull Camila out of his hold. "Don't you dare!" He warned now pointing the gun in the back of unconscious Camila he was carrying. In a minute he was surrounded by the guards.

"Police is about to come Shawn..please stay away!" Manny told him.

"Tell your guards to drop the guns or I will not think for a second before taking her life." Karl threatened.

Shawn noded his head and guards dropped their weapons. "Look! I don't know what do you want from me but I promise I will give you that thing just leave her.." He offered him again.

"Ok! Then!" Karl took a pause. "Can you give me my dad?"

"What?" Shawn was surprised to hear his answer.

"Can you give me my dad back?"

"Who are you?" Now Manny was the one getting intrigued.

"You really wanna know. Then listen! I am Karl Wood. If you remember there was a truck driver in your company with name of Roger Wood. I am his son.."

"Roger Wood?" Manny said stressing his mind. The whole family including few people who were invited were now standing behind him looking at the drama.

"Yeah the one you expelled from the job in accusation of stealing. You know what happened to him? He took his life for his pride."

"What are you saying? Your father-"

"My father wasn't a thief. All his life he worked harder with honesty to earn for his family. But your one wrong decision destroyed all his hardwork and he couldn't live with this blame..." Karl was emotional but his gun was still pointing towards Camila and everyone was listening to him with interest except Shawn who's eyes were fixed on Camila. "I remember I was just 14 year old when I lost him..when I decided that I would take his revenge. I couldn't do much. I worked for your opponents but they didn't trust me after you!" He addressed Shawn. "caught the only girl I was using to sabotage your company but then thanks to my luck.." He chuckled. "You fell in love with her...You know what? You were very smart for keeping her away and safe in your own apartment cuz if she'd be out there, I wouldn't have let her live in peace. I was just waiting for the right moment to snatch her from you. Now if I'll kill her, you'll know how it feels when someone you love so much is no longer with you."

"Karl!" Manny tried to calm him down. "Listen! I'm the one you should take revenge from. My son has nothing to do with it and especially this girl you are going to punish is purely innocent. Please let her go..."

"My dad was also innocent. He also didn't deserve punishment.."

"I know..I agree...I was wrong.." Manny tried to keep him distracted cuz Shawn was gradually getting closer to him. "See I'm here..you can do whatever you want..." He pushed him with full force while Manny kept talking, making him fire a bullet or two but it went missed in air. Camila fell on the ground and Shawn was quick to grab her while guards attacked Karl holding him tightly.

"Camila!" He called patting her face, she wasn't conscious. "Someone call the ambulance!" He shouted with everyone gathered on his head. Everything around him then faded with only two people on earth him and his love.

  ******************************

"I think you should take admission in college." Shawn fixed his arm behind Camila's neck while the right side of his chest was serving as a pillow for her head. "Finish your studies and then maybe you'd help me in my business."

"Would your ego allow me to interfere in your business matters." She asked innocently putting few chips in her mouth. They were watching a documentary together.

"I'm all yours now, what's mine is yours. When I decided to handover rest of my life to you, I didn't think of pros and cons, just thought of those happy moments we spent together and how much more we can spend in future. I'm just happy with you, doesn't matter wherever you are or whatever you're doing as long as you are with me. There's nothing like ego between us.." He said caressing her forehead with his thumb.

"I know.." Rubbing her hand on his chest, she lovingly looked up at his face with a smile. "Before marrying you, I wouldn't think of it but now when you are with me, I feel like I can do anything, you gave me courage to do whatever I want."

"Baby! Believe me! You can do whatever you want." He tucked her hair behind her ear. "You are so precious for me. You know when that bastard..." The thought of Karl flashed some bitter memories in his head. "Neways I don't wanna remind it again but that was the most painful period of my life....I was so scared of losing you..I still am..I can't live without you."

"Me too.." She kissed his cheek. "Let's do it then..I talked to Logan about it.."

"Logan? Why?"

"Cuz I want to continue my degree in Fashion designing and he knows the Fashion business more closely. You should stop getting jealous of him, he's just a good friend of mine."

"No I mean you could've talked to me and fashion designing isn't appropriate for you, our company has nothing to do with it.."

"Don't worry, we'll find a way to work together....Your company is quite boring. You know... we should design clothes for your employees and infact we can also renovate the architecture of your company, you know we will introduce new colours, new anterior according to the modern fashion..what do you think?"

"I-" Shawn was speechless. "Really don't understand...I don't think.." He said scratching the back of his neck. "There's no need of doing it in my office."

"Shawn!" She laughed. "I was joking...calm down."

"It wasn't funny at all." He said in annoyance.

"You should improve your sense of humour."

"By the way..were you joking about getting fashion designing degree as well?"

"Nooo..Shawn it was my dream, since I was a kid." She got up a little. " You really don't want me to become fash-"

"No if you want it then I'm no one to stop you. Wait.. if you want, I can talk to Daren. She can help you out alot.."

"Yeah that's the great idea..you are the best husband in the world." She said hugging him.

"And you are the cutest wife ever." He kissed her forehead.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸The End🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Leave a comment please. This story is finished here but I have few more stories I want to post. Maybe will post another one soon❤ Follow me for updates..and thankyou for your support, You guys are the best <3 love you all😘