40- His Life (Part-1)

There was loud cheering and noise of clapping for the very first time since Shawn joined the company. "Thanks to all of you for the greetings. Now we should get back to work..Have a good day!" Shawn addressed his employees who warmly greeted him, shortly before getting back to his office.

News of Shawn's wedding spreaded like a wildfire. They didn't do any official announcement but Shawn told everyone who asked that they were gonna marry next month. But before his marriage, Karen wanted to organize a big event so they would get officially engaged. Moreover, she had a wish to make her son's marriage as memorable as she could.

Camila had to wear a beautiful purple coloured long gown to look absolutely stunning. Shawn was going to wear a dark green suit. Both were expected to be looking as the most beautiful couple in the world. Everyone was gushing over them.

"Camila!" He called rushing in her room where a make up artist was making her ready.

"Shawn?" She turned to look at him with surprise. "What are you doing here?"

"Wow you look so beautiful.." His mouth become dried all of sudden.

"I think I should leave." The make up artist said.

"No you stay here. I just wanted to take Camila out for a minute."

"What happened? Is everything alright?" She asked worriedly.

"Yes...I have a surprise for you."

"Really? What is it?"

"You have to come with me to know.."

He held her hand and brought her out. To her surprise the two individuals standing in front of her were really making her shocked.

"Mama!!!" She exclaimed. "Sofi! My God!" She rushed to hug them. "But you were in Cuba yesterday?" She remembered last day how she insisted her mother to come to this event but she denied due to busy work schedule saying she'd be there on wedding.

"We were actually on our way yesterday and Shawn told us that he wanted to surprise you. That's why we didn't tell anyone especially you." Sinu told.

"Shawn.." She hugged him lovingly. "It was the best surprise.

"I know.." He rubbed her back smiling wide. "Ok you guys can talk...I'm gonna go.." He said pulling away. "I'll be waiting for you baby!" He whispered as he kissed her cheek and went away.

"You two are so in love.." Sofi teased her sister.

"I'm so happy for you. Shawn is really a great guy..He loves you genuinely Camila, don't lose him. I don't know how I'm gonna pay back what he has done for us...." Sinu told her.

"What had he done for you guys?" She asked.

"I mean.." She shuddered. "He's marrying you...look how wonderful it is.."

"Don't change the topic mama..I know you are hiding something from me. I can tell when you lie.."

"Mila you don't know my child but Shawn took care of us all that time when you were away and not sending us a penny."

"But I thought you got a nice job and you don't need my money anymore."

"How can I find a better job. I'm a diabetic patient..now I can't even work. That's why I quit my job. Shawn sent a man who used to come to our home to ask if we need anything. Truth is that he fulfilled our needs before we even said anything. He is also baring Sofi's college fee."

"But why didn't you tell me all this before?" She felt like her self-respect and ego just shattered in pieces.

"Because he didn't let us. Because he told us that you would leave him if we tell you anything. He cares about you Mila! He didn't wanna lose you."

"I don't know what to say Mama! I just...how will I pay this back to him.." She said anxiously.

"You don't have to...Now he's gonna be your husband."

"No mama you put me in a very difficult situation."

"I shouldn't have told you anything perhaps...but I thought you should know the man you're marrying is also our benefactor."

"Please mama! I need to talk to him about this....He can't do this without my knowledge."

******************************

The drop of sweat slipped down from his forehead and dripped down his face. For the last 30 minutes he was constantly looking for a chance to be alone but his manager was too strict to let anyone go. They were there to catter the event.

"Where were you? I was calling you for so long.." The voice on the other side of the call was furious.

He was 19 year old boy, too young but too smart to handle the situation for the sake of money.

"Can't you be patient? I am at job here and my boss is strict if you don't know." The boy wiped his forehead.

"Don't try to dictate me and I don't know any of your boss. Right now I am your boss therefore do what I told you to do!"

"I am trying to do exactly what you want but you gotta wait. My job is confined to outdoor only and the girl is inside the house. I can't get in that easily but I will make sure to let you in once everyone will get distracted by the crowd, music and food. I'm gonna tell her that her fiance is waiting for her in the backyard, that's when she'll gonna come to meet you."

"I know the plan, don't speak it there loud, people are gonna hear you. I am here hiding in bushes, waiting for your action...be quick!"

"Did you do your part of work?" The boy asked.

"Ofcourse I did...his phone won't receive any signal for an hour and we only have a chance to do anything in this hour."

"Ok..I'll call you then.."

"Paul!" Someone behind his back called him. "What are you doing here?" It was his senior waiter at work.

"Nothing..was just talking to my girlfriend." He replied calmly.

"You can call your girlfriend later bro, there's a whole night you can spend with her....we are here for work. Go quick we need you in there.." He said patting his back.

***************************

Vote and Comment❤

This chapter is dedicated to Ifrah cuz she always comments for update🌷