29- Worry

"Camila I wanted to talk to you about some of the things"

Jacob started as Camila was waiting for him to speak.

"I knew you came to me for a reason."

"Ofcourse I did but it's really something I wanted to tell you for a while but didn't get the time or opportunity." He told.

"What is it?"

"Your problem with the blackmailing thing you know...is solved now..you don't have to worry about those photos anymore." He declared gladly.

"How?" She was surprised.

"Well I didn't wanna tell you about that but you have a right to know..." He paused. "Actually Shawn helped to sort it out."

"What do you mean? Shawn wasn't suppose to know anything?"

"But he knows. I- I have to tell him. Remember when you were mad at Shawn that day..at his dad's house?" She noded at him. "That day I have to tell him everything cuz he was going insane thinking that we both got some hidden affair....you know he thought we were dating. "

"So? You told him everything just cuz he misunderstood our relationship. It was suppose to be a secret between just three of us?" Her face heated up as she spoke.

"Look.." He scooted a little forward. "I'm sorry...I really didn't have no other choice, he is my friend for like all my life and I couldn't risk it. I had to make myself and you clear.."

"I don't know what to say!! It's so embarrassing!!!" She sighed clutching a fist of her hair in her right hand.

"The thing is that it turned out to be helpful cuz Camila! we couldn't solve your issue without Shawn' s help. He literally solved this matter within days cuz of his contacts with FBI. I just wanted to tell you that he ain't that bad as you think of him.."

"What do you wanna say? She picked her head.

"See...You don't know how worried he was when you got lost. He left his sleep, food and even his work to take care of you-"

"I know this already.." She cut him off.

"He really loves you Camila.. You know why he's keeping you in his apartment for so long?" He said making Camila curious. "Because he wants to keep you safe from that blackmailer."

"Whatever!! it doesn't mean I have to accept his offer." She was at loss of words due to embarrassment but tried to cover it up by getting furious.

"I don't know what you are trying to do Camila." He said frustrated. "If you don't wanna care about a person who truly loves you then I can't force you to do but remember it's very hard to find someone in your life who doesn't want anything from you but your side by his side." He sighed. "Anyway! I just want you to do him a favour atleast. "

"What kinda favour?" Her expressions could tell that she was fully confused and emotional listening to Jacob.

"Shawn's parents wanna meet you this weekend. Besides I want you to at least pretend to be his girlfriend for a little time so he would sort out all the media and family stuff......" He added standing on his feet. "I'm not compelling you to do anything. The choice is yours. "

*****************************

Today he was feeling odd, didn't wanna go back to his home, didn't wanna face his defeat and the utter rejection in form of Camila. Therefore he rather spent his night in the bar. It was almost 1 am of the night when he was sneaking in his own apartment like a thief.

"Where have you been?"

His drunken state of mind was barely letting him see the figure sitting on the couch in his blurry vision as he switched the few lights on but he could even recognized her silhouette.