You See Him Cry For the First Time

s2 based.

Diego:
"All I ever wanted was his approval!"

"I know.."

Diego was a complete wreck after meeting with his father again after so long. He was just so angry, the angriest you had ever seen him. It was like all he saw was red and it broke your heart. You knew this was his way of burying how he truly felt.

Even if he'd never admit it, all he ever wanted was his father's approval. No matter what he did growing up, it was never good enough. Nothing he did was ever enough for his father and it carried into his adulthood. You didn't know how to help him, so you just helplessly watched him from the sidelines.

"You know what? Fuck him!"

"Diego-"

"-I'm serious, Y/N!" Diego's face was now a bright red color. "All the shit he put me through, he ruined my life! He traumatized me, used me, and completely ruined me mentally!"

"I know..."

"But you know what? Look at me now! I have you, we have a nice place together, my relationship with my family is somewhat getting there, so fuck him!" You could tell he was close to tears.

You knew he was just trying to distract himself from breaking down. You went up to him and laid a hand on his back. He looked down at you and you gave him a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry." You whispered.

His lip quivered and his eyes filled with tears.

"I-I don't n-need h-him." He whispered.

You just pulled him into a tight hug. He let you hold him and after a few seconds, you heard him let out a small whimper. You reached up and stroked his hair gently, just allowing him to cry.

"It's okay, I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere." You whispered into his ear.

He never wanted to cry in front of you, but he just couldn't keep it in anymore.

"Thank you." He whispered.

He'd never met someone who could bring him so much warmth until he met you.

Luther:
"Did you see the way they all looked at me!?"

"I did.."

Luther was letting out years of pent up rage. After meeting with his father and showing him what he did, he felt disgusted with himself. He felt bad because of the way all his siblings and Reginald looked at him. He had grown comfortable with himself but now all that had gone out the window.

You couldn't blame any of them, really you just couldn't. You didn't take it as them being disgusted, you took it as them seeing it as a reminder of their father's monstrosity tendencies. You took it as them being pained that their father would do something like that to him.

"They looked at me like I'm a monster!" He yelled, punching a hole in the wall.

"Luther, stop it!"

"No I'm not going to stop it! You saw the way all of them looked at me! He turned me into a monster and now my own siblings can't even look at me! He did this!"

"I know he did.."

"He never wanted me to begin with, all he wanted was to bring me back to do his dirty work! He should've just let me die! I'm a monster! He's completely ruined everything for me!" You could see his fists shaking.

Yelling was Luther's way of coping when it came to his father. After seeing him again and actually standing up to him, you could tell Luther's emotions were in overdrive. You didn't know what to do for him.