You Have a Panic Attack

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of panic attacks and anxiety disorders

Diego:
"Baby, just listen to the sound of my voice. You're safe, it's okay I promise."

You didn't mean to have a panic attack, but your new job was really stressing you out. Your boss was really nice and understanding, but your coworkers were awful. You had only been there a few weeks and your anxiety was through the roof.

They weren't mean to you but they were pretty overwhelming. Very loud, very obnoxious in a way that really made you uncomfortable. You didn't like loud places so having that happen made you go over the edge. Your boss went into your emergency contacts and immediately contacted Diego.

He found you hiding in one of the storage closets, huddled up. He immediately took you into his arms and started to try and help you calm down. He rocked you gently and left small kisses on your head and cheeks.

"I'm sorry..." You whimpered out.

"No, no baby don't be sorry. Lets go home, hm? Run you a hot bath?" He told you, kissing the top of your head.

You nodded slowly, "O-Okay."

He helped you up and helped you out of the building. He helped you into his car and drove you home. He helped you inside and ran you a hot bath. He never left your side and allowed you to just feel how you wanted to feel.

He helped you into fresh clothes and had you lay on the bed. He left your bedroom to clean up the bathroom. When he came back he found you asleep. He smiled, changed out of his clothes and into new ones, and crawled in next to you. He pulled you close and stroked your hair.

"You will always be safe with me. I promise."

Luther:
"Honey, just breathe. You hear my heart beat? Match your breathing with my heart beat."

You and Luther got into an explosive fight and right in the middle you had a panic attack. He went into shock and didn't know what to do. The only thing he thought to do was hug you. He felt so bad for causing you pain and he knew you were sensitive to yelling.

Your parents constantly fought growing up and he knew that. Instead he let his anger cloud his reasoning and blew up at you. Seeing you crumble to the floor in tears and with ragged breathing, his heart sunk. He couldn't believe he just did that to you.

He cautiously went to you and pulled you into his arms. You didn't react so he just held your head where his heart was. He rubbed your back and stroked your hair gently. He was in tears, he couldn't believe he was the cause of your pain. He felt like a monster.

"I-I'm sorry.." You choked out.

"No, don't you dare apologize. I was an ass and I'm so sorry. You didn't deserve that." Luther told you, kissing your head.

"I-It's okay.." You whispered.

He knew it wasn't okay. He had to make it up to you somehow. He scooped you up and carried you upstairs. He sat you on the bed and left to grab some movies and snacks. He set them on the bed and grabbed pajamas for you. He left again to grab some wine.

When he came back, he found you half asleep. He felt guilty and moved the stuff off the bed. He changed and climbed in next to you. He was shocked when you rolled over and curled into him. He wrapped you in his arms and left small kisses on your forehead.