You Have a Nightmare

this was requested. i love doing them, so keep requesting. the smut is down to either diego or klaus. fight to the death in the comments over who it's going to be about (just don't get blood on my carpet).

Diego:
It wasn't very often that you got nightmares, but when you did they'd be pretty bad. Usually you'd wake up screaming and alone, sweating and panting like a madman. This time, however, you weren't alone.

Diego spent the night quite a bit and you've never had a nightmare around him before, but tonight that changed. You were all snuggled up and fell asleep in his embrace rather quickly. You were sleeping well until your nightmare hit.

When you had these nightmares you were nearly impossible to wake up. Diego woke up hearing you whimpering and feeling your body temperature rise against his back. He sat up and gently stroked your hair.

"Easy, baby. I'm right here, you're safe. It's okay, sweetheart." He whispered into your ear.

He felt you calm down and curl into his chest. He securely wrapped you in his arms and stroked your head. As long as he was there, he would protect you from everything and everyone possible.

Luther:
Luther spent the night with you quite frequently. It was his way of escaping from his hectic superhero life and his family. You were his calm and safe place. The times he got to spend with you he cherished more than anything in the world.

He'd never witnessed your nightmares before. When he started sleeping over they stopped but tonight was one of those nights where it wouldn't be peaceful. Just like every night, Luther spooned you protectively in his embrace and you fell into a deep sleep.

In the middle of the night he felt you kick him rather hard. He jolted awake and sat up, peering down at you. You were squirming and your face was scrunched up in discomfort. He reached over and rubbed your arm gently.

"Shh, it's okay honey. No need to be afraid. I'll protect you, babe." He whispered.

You visibly calmed at his touch and he pulled you to him. Feeling his presence you went right back to sleep. He kissed your head gently and closed his eyes. He made a vow to always protect you, even in your dreams.

Five:
You didn't mean to fall asleep at the academy, it just happened. School was rough and being with Five and his family actually helped ease your stress. You and Five were cuddling in the seating area talking when you fell asleep with your head on his lap mid conversation.

He'll never admit it, but Five loves when you lay on him. It makes him feel like he's protecting you from the world. He also loved watching you sleep, but what he didn't know was that you suffered with severe night terrors that would result in you screaming in your sleep.

Five was calmly reading a book when he felt you jolt. He looked down feeling you shake, obviously alarming him. He immediately put his book down hearing your soft cries. You let out a small scream and he immediately scooped you up in his arms.

"No need to be scared, darling. You have nothing to be afraid of when I'm right here, my love. It's alright." He whispered into your ear.

He meant what he said and he felt better when you stopped shaking. He felt your grip tighten on him and you snuggle into his neck and shoulder. He refused to ever let anything bad happen to you when he was around.

Ben:
He knew of your nightmares because you told him about them. However, he had never witnessed you having one. Tonight you and him were watching horror movies and you ended up falling asleep laying right on top of him. He didn't mind, he was very content.

As far as Ben knew, your nightmares only happened when you were stressed out. Tonight that would change. He was gently rubbing your back and playing with your hair as he watched whatever was left of the movie that was playing on the tv.

He reached to grab the remote to turn it down so the noise wouldn't wake you when he felt you hit his chest. He jumped, obviously confused as to what happened. He looked down at you and saw you started to sweat. Your arms and body tensed and your face scrunched up in discomfort.

"Listen to my heartbeat, baby. It beats for you and you only. Don't be scared, I'm here, sweetie." He whispered, rubbing your back.

You slowly calmed down and went back to sleep. He carried you to bed and tucked you in. He climbed in next to you and you immediately curled up to him. He kissed your forehead and made a mental note to tell you that he would protect you forever.

Klaus:
Poor Klaus didn't know what to do when it happened. He didn't know if he should wake you or let your nightmare wake you. You were spending the night at the academy while your home was fumigated for rats. New York just wasn't kind to your apartment.

You had fallen asleep on his bed while he showered. Not that he minded, he thought you looked cute when you slept. He changed into comfier clothes and climbed in next to you, pulling you into his embrace. That's when it happened.

You started to squirm and sweat, struggling to get out of whatever was happening. He sat up, letting go of you as he watched you squirm. He didn't know what to do when you suddenly started to scream. Panicked, he immediately picked you up and craddled you in his lap.

"Shh, bumpkin it's okay. You're safe, I promise. Nothing can get you while I'm here, my little angel." He whispered in your ear.

Relieved that none of his siblings came rushing in and after you calmed down, he laid back and you climbed on top of him. He didn't mind when you did that, he knew you needed him. He didn't know you could be so vulnerable, but he swore he'd live up to his vow to always protect you.