Missed You

Two in the morning. All alone. Anyone would be shaking like Jennie at these loud knocks.

Her phone was constantly ringing and the knocks kept getting louder. How many horror movies has she seen start like this?

More than anything, Jennie was worried her neighbours would make a noise complaint. She would rather be injured than homeless.

There was no one to help and she was terribly afraid of reaching out for her phone.

Ignoring it wasn't working so she did the next best thing.

Looking around, Jennie didn't see anything she could use as a weapon. The kitchen was too far to grab a knife from.

Grabbing the rod her girlfriend left when she was building Jennie a new vanity, she quietly left her bed and sneaked beside the door.

On the count of three.

One.

Shivering in fear, she unlocked the door.

Two.

She closed her eyes, not wanting to see who it was.

Three.

Jennie opened the door and gave her best swing

"You wouldn't stand a chance against an intruder."

Jennie's eyes blinked open at the voice of her girlfriend. Jisoo was holding the end of the rod, blocking Jennie's hit.

"Chu!" She pulled her into a hug, still recovering from the night scare.

"You're shaking, babe." Jennie quietly ushered Jisoo in, not letting go of her hand.

"What are you doing here? Did you see anyone suspicious outside?"

What was her girlfriend who lived an hour away doing at Jennie's place at 2 am?

"I missed you." The soft smile almost made Jennie forget about the heart attack she got earlier. Almost.

"It's two in the morning." Jennie stated blankly. "You should be asleep."

"I missed you." Jisoo repeated with a grin. "I even called a bunch of times but you didn't answer."

"That was you?!" Jennie's heart finally relaxed at once.

"Sorry?" Jisoo's dopey smile was enough to soften her up. "I couldn't sleep. Just wanted to see your cute little face so badly and cuddle in bed." Jisoo pinched her cheeks softly, cooing.

Jennie gave her a long, tired gaze. She missed her too but Jisoo had to have the worst timing on earth.

The older girl just waited for Jennie's words.

"...Get lost."

"Huh? Why?" She trailed behind Jennie with a pout, taking off her jacket and shoes to reveal her pajamas.

"I'm going back to sleep. Don't talk to me." She slithered back into her bed.

"Great. I'll join you." Jisoo tucked herself in beside Jennie with a grin.

"No touching." Jennie ordered, knowing she didn't mean it and it wasn't gonna stop Jisoo.

"No can do." Jisoo wrapped her arms around Jennie without protest from the younger.

"Whatever." Jennie pushed her body into Jisoo's embrace.

"I really did miss you." Jisoo whispered into her neck.

Jennie chuckled, turning around in her arms to face the girl. "Enough to drive an hour to see me at two in the morning, I see."

"Lisa would have a blast if she found out."

"Please don't tell that monkey." Jisoo whined. "She'll never let me live it down."

Jisoo took the chance to kiss up her jaw. "How about now?"

"Hmm I'll consider it..."

The raven moved her kisses down her neck. Jennie's breath unevenly came out. "Even now?"

"I have morning classes tomorrow. We can't, Chu." Jennie pushed her chest back lightly.

Jisoo gave her the usual charming smile and moved back up to kiss Jennie's forehead softly. "Goodnight, Jendeuk."

"Love you."

"I know." Jennie pecked her lips before joining Jisoo's sleep.

She ended up waking up late for classes, not wanting to leave her girlfriend's warmth in the morning but it felt worth it to wake up beside her for once. Breathing in the inviting scent of Lavender, tangled in Jisoo's limbs.

----------

Short one cus I need to work on Mirror of Traps.