Collide - 1

"Ready?"

"Yeah."

"Are you really sure of this?" Lisa asked for a final time just in case her best friend finally decided to change her mind last minute. At least that's what she hoped would happen.

"Yes, I am. Now can we go before my bride thinks I abandoned her?" The blonde simply rolled her eyes and helped Jennie up.

"You're being entirely too hasty. I've heard of blind dates but a blind wedding? This is insane."

"This is just a quick business deal, Lisa. We'll just be together for a while on paper, I'll make her hand over her stocks, seize the company, and separate later. You know how long we've been eyeing them."

"Couldn't we just, I don't know, talk out a deal instead of marrying the CEO's daughter? This monopolising thing really is unnecessary. Their company isn't just a company. There's a whole corporation behind it"

"And this is my industry that their company is in. I don't care for their other businesses but this, is mine."

Lisa truly didn't understand Jennie's mind at all. It's true that their rival company beat them at every given spot but they had been in the business twice as long as Jennie had. It's almost unbelievable she even managed to become their rival.

"You will never not confuse me."

"Thank you." Jennie replied unfazed.

"Not a compliment." Just as Jennie was about to retort, her father walked in to walk her out. He looked over at Jennie, trying not to tear up.

"You look beautiful, sweetheart. I have been waiting to see you like this" He was getting choked up and Lisa couldn't help but feel bad for the man. No one knew of Jennie's ploy except for her. He reached his arm out for his little girl who felt a pinch at her guilty conscience.

He held out his arm for Jennie to weave her own into. Lisa shook her head in disappointment once Jennie looked back at her. Blinking her eyes at her best friend, the brunette turned back and continued to walk out the room.

Jennie's steps felt heavier as she moved forward but she refused to let such a deal go away.

It's not like she's an innocent person. She's an heir to a multi-millionaire company and probably knew she would be used as a business pawn. If anything, she should be thankful I'm the one using her. Yes. I would treat her better than the rest of those pretentious assholes anyway!

Jennie was doing her best to console her guilty conscience. She didn't even know this girl's name. To be honest, she barely remembered how she convinced Seunghyun to accept their deal. She was a step away from the end of the aisle when the flower girl who happened to be her favourite niece, tugs at her dress.

Not knowing how to tell her she can't pick her up at the moment, she smiled at Ella and tried to keep walking. Ella, without letting her go, held on tight and lent it her other hand which held her little basket. Jennie could finally see a tiny envelope peaking out.

"Jennie." Her father seemed to want her to move past the little girl. She assumed it was one of those sweet little surprises the bride's friends or families give them. Unlucky for them, Jennie wasn't going to tear up over it.

She nodded at him and leaned over to grab it out of Ella's basket and thank her. They continued to walk and Jennie smiled at the guests. Now all she was to do was wait for the other party. Lisa, who had opted out of being a bridesmaid, as she wanted to only do it at her real wedding supposedly, made her way to the front.

While they waited, Jennie noticed that Seunghyun seemed to have brought mostly his family and some business partners. None seemed even close to his daughter's age except his other daughter, Joohyun, and his son, Jin, so she assumed she had opted out of bringing over her friends like Jennie had.