On Guard: Part 3

Jennie was fidgeting with her hands nervously as they walked back to the dorms.

She basically just confessed to Jisoo that she treated her so badly because she was jealous and didn't even get a reaction back. What exactly is their relationship now?

How do you start a conversation?

"Did you get a new guard?"

Nevermind. Thank you, Jisoo.

"Not yet."

"Really? Hyunnie told me you'll meet one today."

Hyunnie...I haven't been called Jendeukie in so long. :(

"I don't know. I haven't heard about anything." Rosé has been blowing up her phone but Jennie hasn't even touched it. Too focused on Jisoo.

"How about you? Got a new job already?"

"Actually," Jisoo grinned. "I have. Thanks to Lisa. It's temporary though."

"Cool." Cool? Is that all I could come up with, Jennie Kim?

The older's phone rang, taking the attention off Jennie's dry reply.

It was clear Lisa was on the other line. They continued walking with Jisoo on the phone and Jennie behind her until they reached the dorms.

"Yeah. Gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye." Jisoo ended the call.

"Lisa?"

"Yeah. She was telling me about the artist."

"Artist?"

"I'm a bodyguard again. This time for a soloist."

Soloist? So she'll have Jisoo's full attention?!

"I see." Jennie nodded thoughtfully. "Where are you guys meeting?"

"There's an award show tonight. I'll be with her backstage the whole day."

"What a coincidence, we'll be there too!" Jennie perked up.

"I guess I'll see you later."

"Yeah."

"Umm Jisoo..."

The older met eyes with Jennie who's eyes were shaking in anticipation.

"What I said today...I meant it all." Jennie could hear the horrible feeling in her stomach grow. "I do like you. A lot. I'm sorry for the way I behaved. You don't have to forgive me but please don't act unfamiliar. "

"You don't like me Jennie, you like my attention."

"No! I like you!" Jisoo's eyes widened at Jennie's determination in getting her point across.

"Fine. You like me. But we both can see it's not healthy, Jennie."

"Y-Yeah. You're right."

"I won't avoid you." I can't. You'll text 'me' later anyway. "We can restart as friends, okay?"

"Okay."

"Good." Jisoo chuckled and Jennie swore she felt the world stop for a moment.

"Thanks for walking me home. I guess I'll see you later?"

"Yeah. Welcome." Jennie stayed out watching until Jisoo was out of sight.

Something in her made her squeal like a little girl and skip into the dorm. She was still thinking about Jisoo when Yeri appeared.

"Yo, earth to Jennie." Yeri snapped her fingers in front of her.

"Huh?" Jennie zoned back in. "Yeah?"