Unknown Mistake: 2

Jisoo didn't understand the need for the system they lived in, but she knew it didn't affect her.

She didn't dig further. She found no need to. As far as she was told, she was a Beta. An everyday human with slight complications.

Growing up, she had weak sweat glands and had experienced little to no heat that indicated she didn't need to worry about her identity.

On the first day of high school, she met Lisa who had just moved there and was already stuttering in her presence. It didn't take long for her to befriend the girl.

They spent the whole semester goofing around which as expected dropped both their marks. And they both swore they would perform well the next semester.

All promises to that thought were dismissed when the new transfer walked through the door.

Once Jennie stood in front of the class to introduce herself, Jisoo was already looking around to see if anyone else could smell that sweet scent in the air that had her squirming in her seat.

Her eyes dragged back to see the delicate features sculpted onto the brunette that had the most unfriendly introduction she had ever seen.

Glaring at everyone in class, Jennie spoke in a monotone voice and quietly made her way to sit at the empty seat right in front of her and Jisoo was sure she would faint.

She could ignore the way her heart was pacing for a while but not until the moment she was paired with the new girl for their project.

Jisoo couldn't even bear the way Jennie looked at her with a slight curve at her lips without losing her breath.

The first time they worked together alone was the first time Jisoo realised how much power the girl held over her. Every little movement she made triggered her for some reason.

When she asked Lisa for advice. The younger girl told her she clearly liked Jennie. She didn't feel it at that time. It felt rather like her body asking for it rather than her heart.

The days became shorter as they continued to hang out beyond their assignment meetings. Little by little, Jennie let down her barrier and continued to get closer to Jisoo which only made it harder for her.

Often she would find herself wanting to go beyond as a friend. When Jennie's bare skin brushed against her body, Jisoo would tense up wondering how much further she could push her boundaries.

The day of the incident was the last time Jisoo spoke to Jennie comfortably. She could still remember how excited they were, unaware how the night would end.

"It's her party but I still haven't even seen Somi." Joy laughed, greeting Jisoo and Jennie who had just entered.

The younger had her arm tightly clutched onto Jisoo as she brought her body close to not make any contact with the others moving around, all hyped up.

It took everything in Jisoo to control herself. Especially tonight. She had been off the whole week. Easily getting tensed and angered for small reasons. She didn't know what but being close to Jennie only frustrated her even further.

"I'll get us some drinks." The oldest offered, leaving a reluctant Jennie with Joy.

On her way, she met with Mina, who chatted with her for quite a while until one of her friends showed up to take her away.

She had a hard time getting through the crowd but when her eyes finally landed on the drinks, she quickly poured up and took the two cups back, hurrying to get to Jennie after being distracted for too long.