Rival: Our Time

"Do you understand how much trouble you're in, Kim?" His voice gave away how much he was holding back.

"Jisoo's just a friend."

"Right. Just a friend." He stood up from his chair to fix his coat. "A friend from the enemy. A friend that overshadowed our whole campaign."

His teeth were grinding as he clenched them in anger. "A friend that's currently wearing a matching wedding band with you!"

His voice was heard through the whole office. Jennie shivered in fear, worrying for her safety.

He backed off seeing her weak state. Slowly, his body moved back into the position he was in when she walked in.

"Do you really want this career?" He slyly masked his tone with worry and concern. Jennie carefully nodded.

"Then you should understand no one in the industry are really friends, Jennie. Not even this, Jisoo Kang."

"Kim. Kim Jisoo." She corrected him in a state of panic.

"That's not important." He sighed, tired of her. "I'm giving you two options. Either you break up with this Jisoo or you keep your career. Take your time and decide what you want, Jennie."

Jennie's hand formed a fist, afraid of her need to make a decision. She excused herself and left for her apartment.

Losing Jisoo felt like losing her heart but if she lost her job, she would lose all her life.

What is she supposed to pick in this situation?

Jennie could do nothing but dwell in her apartment, reeking of misery and desperation.

Everytime her phone chimed, her heart got heavier. She knew it was from Jisoo and she couldn't bring herself to respond.

The whole week went by in a blink and Jennie's decisions wavered each time.

Feeling her energy drained, she stopped the car at a nearby café for another Americano. The one from the morning wasn't enough after hearing his words.

"Order for Roseanne!"

"Oppa, go. That's ours." She looked back to see the owner of the familiar voice.

Jennie was too dazed to keep up a conversation with her so she remained in her line but the blonde quickly spotted her and made her way towards Jennie.

"Hello." Jennie dimly greeted.

"Wow. You are even worse than her." Who?

"I heard you haven't contacted unnie in a week. What's up with that?"

"I've been busy." She turned her head away to avoid her deceitful eye contact.

"Really? You don't seem busy now." Rosé dialled something into her phone and held it up to Jennie.

"Here you go. She missed you."

Jennie's hands shook, seeing Jisoo's contact on the screen.

"I- I can't. Please don't."

"You don't want to speak to her?" Rosé's eyes scrutinized her every move. "Have you been hit in the head?"

"I really can't." Jennie struggled to get her words out.

Meanwhile the girl on the other side finally picked up.

"Hey." As soon as she heard her raspy voice, Jennie's worry heightened.

Rosé looked at Jennie to at least respond but seeing how it wasn't going to happen, she took her phone back.

"Jennie said she doesn't like you anymore and wants to break up. Sorry you had to hear this from me."