Danger

The phone continues to ring as Jisoo grows frustrated. How long has she been waiting for her call to be answered?

So much for wanting to be the first one.

Deciding to try for the last time, Jisoo hit the call once again. For the first time that night, she heard a click. Excited to speak, she cleared her throat to make sure Jennie heard her well.

"Ha-"

"I'm not available right now, so just leave a message!" The beep at the end of the automated voice paralyzed her body.

"Happy birthday, Jennie-ah...I lo- I hope you enjoy your day."

Jisoo stared at the dimly lit screen as she ended the call.

She's always like this. A useless notification lit up her screen to show her wallpaper of Jennie.

This mere useless accessory in my hand will really be the death of me.

Another notification lit her screen up once again. It was from Jennie. Jisoo scrambled to open her message.

Thank You, Jisoo-ssi.

Oh. This calculated response once again.

Jisoo's stomach churned as her eyes glossed over the text once again.

Am I really her girlfriend? The formality made her feel sick.

Wouldn't any other girl feel special for someone to have waited till exactly 12 so they could wish them first?

Are we in a business relationship or does she not like me?

The next worst thing Jisoo dislikes after doing homework is the way Jennie treats her. She just wishes the latter would express her feelings for her for once.

As always she recites the same spell again.

Maybe tomorrow she will treat me kindly.

----------

She let her feet drag across the pavement. Jisoo's eyes lingered around the area until she spotted Jennie walking on the other sidewalk.

Excitedly, she waved her hands in the air as she called for her. But no response came back. Consoling herself, Jisoo let it be that Jennie might've just not heard her.

Her eyes wavered as they travelled down Jennie's body. The neatly ironed uniform, brushed back straight hair and clean backpack that held her student I.D in view at the side. As always, the perfect student, Jennie Kim.

Looking back at herself, she saw why no one believed they were together.

Shirt crumbled, Tie loose, messy hair and missing a missing I.D. And where the hell was her bag? She didn't even know. Jisoo swirled the lollipop in her mouth in thought

They were like parallel lines. Looking at the same place but are so different.

It's a miracle they met. Or maybe they didn't.

Jisoo ran to the gate and climbed the side wall so she could get in without being questioned for her I.D. She was patiently waiting for Jennie to enter.

To her surprise, she saw her accompanied by her many friends. Ones that didn't approve of Jisoo. Where were her useless friends right now?

I don't have anyone but you. But why does it feel like I'm outside of you?

It was hard to see them wish Jennie for her birthday as she had to watch from afar. She won't ever be able to be there inside that circle, beside Jennie.