1.9

Alex
I didn't understand get the fuss over the tesseract. Maybe I should? All I knew was that it was ancient as hell and from Asgard.

Natasha and I had the task of decrypting Loki's
plans. The cell he was in was like a container. It was for The Hulk, as nobody else would be in there.

"I wanna know what you did to agent barton." Natasha said, stepping forward. I sat on the rails, a bit interested in what Natasha's tactics will be.

"I'd say I've expanded his mind." Loki said with a grin.

"And once you've won, once you're king of the mountain, what happens to his mind?"

"Is this love, Agent Romanoff?"

"Love is for children, I owe him a debt." Romanoff said, crossing her arms tightly.

"Tell me." Loki smiled, leaning back against his seat. Natasha looked at me and sighed. I looked at her and shrugged, not caring for her past.

"Before I worked for SHIELD, I uh, well made a name for myself. I had a very specific skillset. I didn't care who I used it for, or on. I got on SHIELD's radar in a bad way. Agent Barton was sent to kill me, he made a different call." Natasha said, shaking her head.

"And what will you do if I vow to spare him?"

"Not let you out."

"Ah, no, but I like this. Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man?"

"Regimes fall everyday. I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian, or I was." Natasha said, standing tall and definitely in charge. I want to laugh at her seriousness, but this was a serious time.

"And what are you now?" Loki questioned, shifting in his seat.

"It's really not that complicated. I got red in my ledger, and I'd like to wipe it out." Nat said, looking to me.

"Can you? Can you really wipe out that much red? Dreykovs daughter? Sao Paulo? The hospital fire? Barton told me everything, your ledger is dripping, it's gushing red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous then yourself will change anything? This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child, a prayer. Pathetic." Loki spat, rising from his seat. Looking at Natasha, she looked more taken back by what he said, almost as if she was scared.

What a great actor.

"You lie, you kill, in the service of liars and killers, you pretend to have your own code,  something that makes up for your horrors. qBut they are apart of you, they will never go away." Loki seethed. He slammed his fist on the glass, making the two of us jump.

"I won't touch Barton or that child! Not until I make Barton kill that pathetic little mortal as you watch. Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear! And then I will make him do it right back to you!" Natasha's eyes widened at the threat, directed to mainly her but to me as well. I stared at the man before me, almost in fear as he spoke of the horrors.

It felt like a fairy tail parents would tell their children to scare them into not doing something later in life.

"And then he'll wake up just long enough to see his good work." Loki smiled, he looked crazy. More like insane. Natasha turned away with a sob, facing me. She had a smirk on her face, which made me correct about my theory. She was faking it.

"You're a monster!" Natasha yelled.

"Oh, no. You brought the monster." Loki grinned menacingly, and then Natasha spun on her heels.

"So, Banner. That's your play?" Natasha said, nodding to me.

"What?" Loki's face dropped. Natasha began to exit it the room, pressing a finger to her ear.