3.5

Alex
We sat around the lab, doing nothing but staring at each other. Clint was wrapping my hand up with tape, the robot thing may have shocked my hand, but it's fine.

"On three I'm snapping your nose into place, got it?" Nat said, and put her hand around my nose.

"3.."

"2.." I braced myself, and all the sudden she snapped it into place. I whacked her arm and she shrugged.

"Physiological stuff."

"All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch." Bruce said, clearing the air as he rose from his computer.

"Ultron." Steve repeated.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Nat sighed, crossing her arms and leaning against a table.

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey said, amused.

"Nuclear codes." Maria huffed, and my eyes widened. That shit can blow everyone and everything into smithereens.

"Nuclear codes. Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can." Rhodey suggested.

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." Nat said, looking over at Steve.

"He didn't say dead. He said extinct." Steve huffed out.

"He also said he killed somebody." Clint said as he ripped the tape and pressed it against my hand, finishing the wrap and looking up now at everyone.

"But there wasn't anyone else in the building." Maria said.

"Yes there was." Tony brings up the now-destroyed 3D image of JARVIS' consciousness. It didn't look like much, but I've seen it before.

"This is insane." Bruce mumbled, rubbing his temples.

"JARVIS was the first line of defense. He would've shut Ultron down, it makes sense." Steve said thoughtfully.

"No, Ultron could've assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy, this is...rage." Bruce said. Thor barged in and grabs hold of Tony by his throat, holding him up.

"Woah, woah, woah! It's going around." Clint said.

"Come on. Use your words, buddy." Tony said weakly.

"I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark." Thor said in his Asgardian accent.

"Thor! The Legionnaire." Steve said, and Thor lets go of Stark, turning to everyone.

"Trail went cold about a hundred miles out but it's headed north, and it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again." He said angrily.

"The genie's out of that bottle. Clear and present is Ultron." Nat mumbled.

"I don't understand. You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?" Helen said. Tony starts laughing, Banner subtly shakes his head at him to get him to stop.

"You think this is funny?" Thor grits.

"No. It's probably not, right? Is this very terrible? Is it so... is it so... it is. It's so terrible." Tony said sarcastically. He's about to get his ass man handled by a god.

"This could've been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand." Thor yelled.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It is funny. It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this." Tony laughed.